Cashless society?

Went to Waitrose yesterday and used coupons to get £80 off, but when t he cashier was ready for the cards it rejected all three due to a faulty re ader, so I had to go outside and get £140 in real money ? so m uch for a cashless society.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Think what it must have been like in central London during the power cut the other day.

Neither method would have worked there would they? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

no coffee!...how would they all survive? ......

Reply to
Jimbo in the near of Hawick ..

we very nearly didn't in 1964 at TVC when the power went off. The beer was warm!

Reply to
charles

Spare a thought for 1.6 billion Indians (of which only

1.6% actually pay income tax).
Reply to
Andrew

Reply to