British Gas Jobsworth

In message , jkn writes

Foreigners were always for someone else, homers for you

Reply to
geoff

On Jan 22, 7:20 pm, geoff wrote: [...]

in *your* experience; not in mine.

J^n

Reply to
jkn

Well, yes, that's why I said it

Reply to
geoff

I'm sure I heard the term "doing a rabbit" by workers in that big shed that used to be in Wooston. No idea how that came about.

G.Harman

Reply to
oldship

Would that "big shed" have been Thornycrofts in Woolston?

I only ever did homers or backhanders in Southampton. (never worked in Thornys though)

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

lead is fine on existing installations but not for new...flexible connections are not normally used on both in and out going because the meter can apparently be slowed down by tilting the meter, the normal way is 22mm copper on the out going... before anyone asks im corgi registered...

Reply to
nobby

Which way do you have to tilt it?

Just for interest, like ;-)

Reply to
PCPaul

That's spooky! I am the OP, when the Gas Man went to change the meter (and didn't) he also said the meter was slightly tilted and could have been recording incorrectly and that my tenant may be due a refund. BTW my Corgi man is going in this week to sort it out, so the BG / Transco / National Grid or whoever can then change the meter.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

I have had a bill from my CORGI man taday, £60 all in, he has piped MY side in fixed copper so there shouldn't be an issue from now on as far as BG etc are concerned!

Thanks for all the replies but I still think the world has gone mad!

Cheers

John

Reply to
John