Bridge between Scotland and Ireland

It isn?t.

The words ? not the same as the rest of the UK? are also a tad insensitive for the greater part of Ireland.

not the same as Great Britain would have been better.

GH

Reply to
Marland

We could put a special extra lane on the bridge and they could march back and forwards without causung traffic chaos at either end.

Reply to
mcp

So you *do* think it would be Hermann next time then. Why would that be? More likely to be Vladi.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Nope.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that?s saying something.

Nothing of any value to Russia in Scotland.

Even the Romans never saw anything of any value in it.

And it is unlikely that the Vikings would be interested again.

Reply to
jon lopgel

Not so much the Highland Clearances as "The Plantation" in the early

1600's.
Custos Custodum

And if there is any truth to the effect of marching on bridges...

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

the military order was 'break step'.

Reply to
charles

Why keep mentioning Germany then Woddles?

Not a question of "value to Russia". More a question that our assets wouldn't be there any longer, thus moving our defence and interception limit some hundred of miles south.

Reply to
Tim Streater

As I've suggested several times (but probably elsewhere), there could well be a United European Democratic People's Republic of Scotland, Wales and All Ireland, with England left out in the cold.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Corse it is with the question of anyone bothering to nuke it next time.

And there no longer being any point in nuking it, stupid.

Reply to
jon lopgel

Hardly "left out in the cold" - the population of England is 4 times that of the rest added together!

Anyway, although Scotland and Northern Ireland voted to stay in the EU, Wales voted to leave.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

But if they were given the choice of separating from England and joining a Celtic alliance that could all join in giving England the finger at every opportunity the Welsh may decide that being part of the EU is a cost worth paying .

GH

Reply to
Marland

Yes: a neofeudal communist inspitred fiefdom of misery and poverty is entirely appropriate for those three ex-principalities.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Welsh dont hate the English. Only you do. Racism and bigotry is in your blood.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Really, where you do get that impression from.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Cornwall might want to join the democracy

Reply to
charles

Scotland was, and still is, a Kingdom. Indeed it was the Scottish king (James VI) who was invited to become King of England, too.

Reply to
charles

Perhaps it's about time that the English were asked in a referendum: "Do we *really* need the Scots, Irish etc."

In population, the UK will hardly notice that it's gone. After all, Scotland is only a population of 5 million in a United Kingdom of 60 million people.

Scotland's deficit in 2018 was *seven* times higher than UK as a whole. The Scottish Government raised £941 million less than expected in devolved income taxes in 2017/18, new figures from HMRC reveal today.

Scotland?s economy grew more slowly than the rest of the UK, hitting tax receipts and leaving the Scottish Government with a shortfall in funding.

Because of the risk sharing mechanism in the jointly agreed fiscal framework, the shortfall will be offset by a £737 million increase to the block grant funded by the UK Government. It means the Scottish Government will have to manage a reduction in funding in 2020/21 of £204million.

Let them rejoin the EU, as someone said: Let them go suck on someone else's tit.

Reply to
Martyn Barclay

Just what we need, then. To reduce our CO2 output. Unnecessary journeys. Just like happened with those massive shopping centres like Lakeside. People drove many miles just to visit them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Was 'I'm all right Jack' written about you specifically?

You might also try leaving your village on occasion and see just how prosperous all other parts of England actually are.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)