BLOODY ScrewFix

On Sunday morning I ordered a radiator and a couple of valves on-line from ScrewFix. I got confirmation of the order straight away and another e-mail to say it was dispatched at 1545 on Sunday afternoon. I warned the Misses that it would probably arrive on Tuesday, today, but lo and behold it was on my door step 24 hours after placing the order on-line. I live just north of Aberdeen.

Just brilliant service I rekon.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

Not quite as good as when I ordered 3 TRVs from here via Ebay last week

No connection by the way.

Bought at 4:00PM. Postman knocked on the door at 7:15AM following day. I was almost speechless.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

I won a frost stat on ebay and went to pay. Unfortunately the paypal site was down so I decided I'd leave it until the next day.

The frost stat arrived the following day before I'd even got round to paying for it!

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

Better than the two weeks at at least a dozen phone calls it took to get them to deliver my plastic pipe then.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

Not Parcelfarce again was it?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Parcelforce were the ones who did eventually deliver. They also sent it out through Lynx and and I think CitiLink and it was never seen again.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

It is a shame that online retailers often get tarred with the same brush as the couriers who are often the real route of the problem.

Reply to
Richard Conway

That's understandable, however from the customers point of view, I don't care about the distinction between the company and the couriers, I've placed my order with Screwfix and I expect *them* to get the item to my door on time. I have no interest in how they achieve this or whos fault it is when things go wrong.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

I'm sure you can think of something else you need before you start.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Dear Chris,

North of Aberdeen (brrrr) one imagines they sell a lot of radiators and other heating equipment. One wonders how long it would take way down south here on the Dorset coast? ;-)

Well done Screwfix!

Keith

Reply to
Keith (Dorset)

Keith, it has been the mildest winter I've experienced in the last 25 years and coming from Brighton, Sussex, there is a fair latitude difference.

As ScrewFix are in Yeovil, I'd of thought you would have collected it yourself by hand.. LOL.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

Deliveries are from various warehouses, notably Stoke on Trent. Couldn't you tell from the speech impediment? Oh, sorry, that's Birmingham. :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall