Best Rated threads in UK Do-It-Yourself Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

10cm Wood dust and everything in a packed attic
Please Help!!! I wanna cry after the company redo our roof. I didn't know that they haven't covered a layer of plastic at the attic. Neither my hubby nor father in law thought about it. So surprise!!!...
14
14

Parkside battery SDS+ under £25
Soon after these were last on offer, I saw them being resold for upto £45 on Ebay. I already had a basic 20v Parkside battery drill/driver, with a couple of batteries, so when I spotted the SDS using...

USER MANUAL FOR ST600 ELECTRONIC TIMER
i am looking for a user manual for Honeywell ST6100 ELECTRONIC TIMER

Acrylic/Perspex, Wood & PVA
Another method that works is to replace one wood slat with a perspex one. The plastic is relatively floppy, screws in oversize holes sorts that. NT
9
9

How to fix a post in shallow soil (sewer? below)?
I need to fix a fencing post into some ground where there's only 12" or maybe a bit more depth before one hits what looks like a concrete sewer pipe. The posts I'm using (for the rest of the fence)...
3
3

AEG/ Electrolux same company?
Just looking for filters for an AEG vac and many of them seem common to both companies, is/was AEG anything to do with Electrolux?
7
7

Wasps
We have a very large wasps' nest inside the eaves of our roof - football size. (My question is at the end of this message.) I've repeatedly sprayed it with the excellent Rentokil "Wasp Nest...
21
21

using a 12V car tyre inflator on the mains via PSU adapter
Hi Tim I actually picked up one of those at the weekend - and after about half an hour of experimenting it went back to Homebase for a refund. - the nozzles didn't fit the pool intakes (grr...) - I...
36
36

Modifying/improving a Erde 102 trailer.
I have a 3ft by 4ft trailer, like this one: The rear panel drops down and is unhookable and hence removable from its hinges. The remaining 3 sides are fixed. They are bolted to the base of the box. I...
8
8

Struts Noggins Joists.
I had a bulge in an upstairs floor and have removed some chipboard floor panels to rectify. The joists below are split into two parallel sections. The divide being over a concrete lintel, about 30cm...
13
13

Stopping taps rotating?
HI all, Daughter picked me up a pair of 1/4 turn taps from Screwfix for our bathroom basin yesterday and I was wondering if we bed taps down in anything these days to stop them leaking / moving or...
21
21

1980s copper
About a week ago I noted a faint hiss coming from inside of my under-stairs cupboard. Over a few days the volume of the hissing increased. I removed almost everything from under the stairs and piled...
11
11

Fault with Mira Excel Shower
shower stopped working. i dismantel shower,not cartridge, and cleaned. turnon shower worked for approx 20 seconds then stopped. cannot get it to work
3
3

Cine film cement
balsa cement is the same thing #
20
20

Do powerline adapters work during a power cut?
My electricity is being switched off next Thursday for 8 hours. I can't think of any reason why my powerline adapters shouldn't continue to work, but will they? I've got some battery-powered Raspberry...
56
56

Benefits of 15mm plasterboard?
I am putting a new ceiling into our extended 'family room' and was planning on using 15mm plasterboard rather than 12.5mm. The reason being was that I figured it might provides benefits in terms of...
6
6

Pulse oximetry and COVID-19 pneumonia.
It seems that monitoring your blood oxygen concentration is an excellent way of determining if you need urgent medical intervention, even when your symptoms are otherwise mild. Simple finger-clamp...
58
58

Hive Active Heating Self Install - Replacing EPH WRS1i
Hi all, I bought a Hive active heating system to replace the current set up which is an EPH wireless system WRS1i for my Worcester Combi boiler. I thought (perhaps stupidly) that the set up would be...
3
3

Workshop spectacles
No, not the sort of spectacle caused by dropping a lump hammer on you toes but the sort worn by Steve Fletcher the horologist on the TV show "The Repair Shop". ** seem to be two pairs of glasses...
24
24

central heating fault: fuse blown - pump?
Hello, I went away for a couple of weeks and I didn't know how cold the house would get so rather than turn off the heating, I left it set low for frost protection so I didn't come back to burst...
10
10