Bastards

And when was that ?! Approximately would do...

Reply to
Jim K..

Arf

Reply to
Jim K..

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq snipped-for-privacy@mail.com Wrote in message:

. We can (easily) tell...

Reply to
Jim K..

Van done over again.

This time is the hand tools inc drill bits that are gone.

Just spent £600 and still only seem to have half of what I need. The drill bits were expensive.

Reply to
ARW

You need a sticker for the back doors ...

"A hungry cat guards tools left in this van overnight"

Andy Burns

If we brought back hanging, a lot of this problem would disappear.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Back in the day it did not stop sheep stealing!

Reply to
Broadback

Daughter had her catalytic converter stolen off her car in a busy park and ride car park. Scroats

Reply to
DerbyBorn

As is fairly clear from the US example it serves no useful purpose apart from keeping the idiots happy.

A bit like Brexit. In fact you will find that most of the thick racist Brexit supporters are pretty keen on capital punishment.

Sydney street and a few miscarriages does not put the throwbacks off in their lust for hateful revenge.

Of course if the farmers in the 1700's had converted their sheep to

110V, there would be no problem as transformers wouldn't become available until the 20th century.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Well it does mean that they never do it again :)

No lust for revenge - I actually think that locking people up for the whole of the rest of their life is in some ways worse.

I might support the idea of capital punishment as a deterrent, as restitution to families left behind, as closure for those families, even as saving the cost and effort of keeping someone locked up 'til they die, but I cannot ever support its implementation, as I know that mistakes are always made and at least with a prison sentence there is the opportunity for people to be freed later and some sort of compensation paid to let them have what is left of their life.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Middle of the afternoon. And a member of the public called the police as it happened. Even gave them the number plate of the car he was driving.

Reply to
ARW
Reply to
Radio Mechanical Electrical

Romanian plates ?

Reply to
Radio Mechanical Electrical

Unfortunately capital punishment advocates to a one believe in the infallability of the justice system.

There would have been the same certainty at witchcraft trials and the use of ducking stools to define guilt.

I'm afraid you fall a long way short of the level of ignorance and stupidity needed to be a true fan of the "sport".

I cannot understand why the US hasn't got mobs roaming the streets with guns siding with or against the criminals.

The feelings it seems to stir up along with IQ zero's, guns and twitter seem to be a recipie for full scale riots.

The poor old throwbacks have yet to adopt that little passtime :-)

Maybe Trump can provide encouragement.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Local Sainsburys lost 60+ bottles of expensive spirits in two separate heists, when they just loaded up a trolley, and walked out.

The alarms went off but the limited staff on duty at the time were threatened, so backed off.

Reply to
Andrew

That's nice. It will give plod a pleasant change from not finding murderers to not finding tool thieves.

I hope your washer bottles are full, tyres good and properly inflated.

Did the member of the public have witnesses, it may be important if he phoned in from a mobile.

He could "lose the sim" and plead memory loss if he wants to avoid the points for using a mobile when driving :-)

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Actually that's not a bad idea. High voltage/low current. Wouldn't drain the battery much in standby if engineered efficiently.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

But kept the lambs safer ;)

Reply to
Richard

It may be apocryphal but I heard about someone who decided to syphon the fuel from a camper van while the occupants were sleeping but went for the septic tank by mistake and was violently sick :-)

Reply to
Scott

No alarm?

Reply to