Its driving my speech synth crazy!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

N.I.N.

HTH

Reply to
Adrian C

If feasible, could you sign up to a different news feed - like the Berlin service? I almost never see any Arabic here! They do filter very effectively.

Reply to
polygonum

What arabic posts? What spam?

news.individual.net is your friend, costs but only 10 euro/year. Well worth it for the very effective filtering.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I agree.

Edgar

Reply to
Edgar

I think you should have a work with the manufacturer asking why it doesn't automatically translate for you?

Reply to
Fredxxx

+1
Reply to
Huge

+2
Reply to
S Viemeister

+3
Reply to
Allan

Indeed. Even Teranews which is a one time fee of $5 for the text groups honours the third party cancels that hunt down such dross. I only ever see them if I happen to download news between the spammer sending them and the auto cancels catching up with the dross.

If you are able to do it set your kill file to reject out of hand anything containing "Subject: =?windows-1256?"

(without the quotes) essentially "is using arabic character set".

Reply to
Martin Brown

See if your news reader will block based on the header contents.

The arabic one contains "charset=windows-1256"

Reply to
dennis

None on Eternal September either. Filtering isn't normally that great but for a free service it's not bad.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Nor Albasani, also free.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

biggest issue is remembering your password once every two years when you have to log back in and amend your payment method because the card expired

tim

Reply to
tim......

What do they sound like on a speek synth??

i get this idea of it sounding like that war cry they do, interspersed with barely understandable 'death to the infidels' quotes :)

Reply to
Gazz

Ahh, but does it do the subsequent explosion?

Reply to
Huge

Bastards. This topic reminded me of that irritating Crazy Frog ringtone that was inflicted by many on many more back in the

1990's,it's become an earworm.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg