Another brexshiteer resigns...

Boris goes so the brexiteers can say its not our fault when the shit really hits the fan.
Boris has been a pain in everyone's bum for years. if he really wants to run for party leader go on and do so, don't just gripe and moan. walk the walk Boris. If he gets in charge of the Tories we might have to chose between two drongos at the next election. If I were Mrs May I'd emigrate to somewhere like New Zealand for health reasons. Whatever happened to the spirit of compromise. Brian
--
----- --
On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 16:13:27 +0100, "Brian Gaff"

I'd suggest somewhere further away, Mars for instance. And Boris can join her there.

It's absent.
--
Definitions:
"Brexicide" -- Destroying the prosperity of the UK by leaving the EU.
On Monday, 9 July 2018 16:58:34 UTC+1, Mark wrote:

Currently Mars is the closeest planet to Earth, saw it a few nights ago, magnitude about -2 so quite bright second only to the moon (at night) and even in London I could see it had an orangey look.
So if you do get the option of sending them anywhere please make sure that place is well out of sight and mind. :)
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 04:24:18 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave

OK by me. Is Neptune far enough?
--
Definitions:
"Brexicide" -- Destroying the prosperity of the UK by leaving the EU.
On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 12:26:30 UTC+1, Mark wrote:

unless you want to send him up Uranus, we know of quite a few exo-plants that might do. :-)

They wouldn’t have her. Arden would black ball her.

Never seen in real world politics. In spades when that fool May is clearly just doing a brexit in name only with identical detail to remaining and no say at all in EU policy anymore.
Hardly surprising that no one will wear that.

Let's hope it is Gove tomorrow. And May can find replacements who have at least vaguely the interests of the country at heart. There must be a few, surely, even in the Tory party?
--
*Does fuzzy logic tickle? *

May will be gone any moment now. Let's hope we can get a PM who will honour the referendum result.
On 09/07/18 16:37, Tim Watts wrote:

+100
Mind you I expect to see the EU vote for 'direct rule of the UK' shortly.
--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people

Well that might be a good idea. Given the party in charge, the MP's in opposition and the referendum result, Britain couldnt be trusted to vote in daylight if it had to be democratically accepted.
AB

But then you were the one who proclaimed that the EU would be sending in the tanks through the chunnel ala Hungary as soon as the UK decided to leave.
On 09/07/18 22:03, Jeff wrote:

Indeed. The fact that they havent GOT any tanks of their own yet has somewhat stymied that, however.
--
There is nothing a fleet of dispatchable nuclear power plants cannot do
that cannot be done worse and more expensively and with higher carbon

both the French & Germans have tanks

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
On Mon, 09 Jul 2018 16:37:40 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

And if you can't ?
On 09/07/18 16:53, Jethro_uk wrote:

Oh we can.

No chance. A largish majority in the H of C don't support a hard Brexit.
--
*Pride is what we have. Vanity is what others have.

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 00:18:55 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

And with 'the very people' for whom it's all relevant, currently being 63/37 to remain, it looks like we might even get the supermajority we could use to put this to bed for a long time.
Then we could get back on with planning and living and the government governing ...
Cheers, T i m
On 09/07/2018 16:37, Tim Watts wrote:

Gove seems to be willing to accept the compromise, so I don't see him going unless it turns into a full-scale exodus.

The referendum result was that we should leave the EU. Whatever the expectations of the Brexiteers, how and under what conditions was not part of the referendum and it is for the government to decide that.

Colin Bignell
On 09/07/18 16:58, Nightjar wrote:

Whatr May is proposing isd staying in te EU with no say in it.
Whatever the

No, it is not.
We know what we voted for.
--
“I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the
greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most