Amazon etc

I can't be the only one thoroughly pissed off with the dreadfully inadequate search in Amazon, ebay and aliexpress etc.
I want something unusual in a dinner fork, prongs that arent all that long, 30mm instead of some of the more bizarre 50mm or more, 200mm overall length, stainless steel, and decent solid design with a weight of about 60g.
All that in the one fork isnt all that common for some reason, and its impossible to actually restrict the search to that. With Amazon it isnt even possible to restrict the search to just dinner forks alone, let alone the other stuff or even just international delivery either.
Anyone worked out some way around this fiasco ?
On Thursday, 10 August 2017 23:57:59 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Sometimes it's best to use google to search amazon etc instead. But wrt prong length, I'd be surprised if anyone's recorded relevant data. You might have to regrind some.
NT
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 16:05:52 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

I found some.
Then I realised who was asking. What a waste of time.
Rod Speed wrote :

As you suggest - They did used to be be shorter, but now stupidly long, my own preference is for something shorter in length. We bought a full set of everything last year, very stylish they were, shorter prongs, but what I hadn't realised was the handles were round, making them awkward to grip sensibly and also far to heavy at the handle end.
We binned the lot just this week.
On Friday, 11 August 2017 14:02:57 UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

give them to charity shops, there's real need out there.
NT
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 14:02:51 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Good selection at Nisbets. We buy quite a bit there.

Whoops, my massive brain fart. The trick is to do it by category Home & Kitchen : Kitchen & Dining : Dining & Entertaining : Flatware : Forks : Dinner Forks : "heavy"
And then use the pics to see the ones with the type of prongs I need.
No many many web site searches just seem to be some directed version of Google. I even look for key words sometimes to be told there are no results or search, for example for audio cassettes to find my search full of cd and dvd players etc. Brian
--
----- -
On 10/08/2017 23:50, Rod Speed wrote:

http://www.pxleyes.com/images/contests/my-best-photo/fullsize/Fork-Off-50ccc14f7f012_hires.jpg