Subject Author Posted Replies

Brain cells needed - 1955 test
found this test lurking in the filing cabinet at work, some of the questions might need a bit more context. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_U7i5Hd7WKpbVBuTFU2bnN1c0U/view?usp=sharing
77

OT. BBC booed and heckled at manifesto launch
these videos are not for entertainment, they are clearly "fair dealing" under UK copyright law and are exempt as they are reporting current affairs, as I am sure you are aware UK courts "bear in mind...

Suffolk Super Punch - looking for user manual
I have an old 75G14-28A and need a new drive belt. Anyone know where I can find a user manual, so I can get the right part number? Thanks

Modern car rear lights!
I presume cars are made a economically as possible, so is it really the case that a rear light unit with LEDs and driven by CAN bus, with two thin wires for the power and two even thinner wires for...
96
96

Sound engineering OT
I know we have at least one sound engineer in here. The 15 year old daughter of my wife's cousin has asked how to go about finding an apprenticeship/training with the broadcast/film industry. I got...
28
28

How to de-scale a loo that is connected to a Septic tank?
I'm new to Septic tanks and have recently moved to a house in a hard water area that has 5 toilets, all of which are badly stained. I presume I can't use brick acid, Harpic toilet "pills", or similar...
47
47

X Ray Specs?
Any comments on this? How to find studs in the walls? The best stud finder lets you see inside drywall and lath & plaster. Detect pipes, wires, cables, wooden and metal studs.
18
18

Screwdrivers explained
:) NT Muellerstuff: A History of the Rest of my Declining Years: Screwdriver terminology

Double glazed panel
Ordered up new to replace one which had misted up. Frame is wood, and haven't removed the old yet. The replacement came with what looks like gaffer tape round the edges. Does that stay on when fitted...
1
1

Mouldy attic/Mossy Roof
This is my second spring in this bungalow. Last winter we noted interstitial condensation in the (boarded) attic and it was suggested putting in roof vents would help so we did. This year there are...
17
17

[Power] "Next generation utility wins contract for UK's biggest battery"
"Demand response software start-up Limejump has won the contract to manage the energy storage facility dubbed 'Britain's biggest battery' by project developer UK Power Networks" "Located in Leighton...
33
33

Boring holes through joists
I want to run two pipes along under our landing floor (which means going through all the joists). Joists are 180×50mm Unfortunately there are already notches and holes, with the result that the...
11
11

OT. The worm is turning. Hopefully.
She's very good isn't she? Much better than May.
13
13

How to defrost windows
I'd say slower. If you have the hose sat in the car anyway, just shove it on the exhaust and aim at the windows. No need to go inside, fill a bucket, pour it on, take the bucket back etc.
6
6

Smart meters not smart enough
According to EDF, the current smart meters cannot cope with Economy 7 systems like mine. However since all this about how hackable the current ones are and how the comms has had to be redesigned etc,...
15
15