Subject Author Posted Replies

How to remove washing machine weights
Hi All, Anyone have any idea how to remove the counter weights from the plastic dru m on a hotpoint Aqualtis washing machine? Rather than the usual bolts, it appears to have a plastic sleeve with a...
12
12

Fizzicks: a question inspired by the TT
Some Newtonian law states that "a body proceeding on a course, blah blah, provided a force doesn't act on it, blah blah doesn't change and carries on its own sweet way unmolested." I think that's how...
23
23

Meter cupboard repair
This is linked to my other thread about silicone render. The wall to be treated includes a meter cupboard (originally gas and electricity, now electricity only). This was covered by a rather tatty...
20
20

Re: crying
Really? Ask a female. I think they find both hard to resist. There are different crying types. There is disstress crying and frustration crying. the latter is one of lifes lessons being learned, the...
23
23

wf860 with water still in drum
if the sump pump is blocked is it easy to replace?
5
5

OT: Another monumental FU from microsoft.
'?A small portion? of Windows mobile users hoping the unexpected cool new update would start the month off the right way got burned yesterday. Microsoft ?accidentally? released a development build of...
6
6

[SOLVED] Hozelock reel
I have a hozelock reel model 2415, could do with swapping over the inlet and winding handle between sides to suit using the wallhanger in a different position. The assembly instructions helpfully say...
15
15

Bolt heads covered in shite
Hi all, Got to drop a rear subframe out over the weekend. There are 8 principle bolts holding the thing in position, all accessible from the side with the rear wheels removed. Should be...
4
4

Help with speaker plug
Are you certain those Bose speakers don't need an amp with the response tailored to them? Most do.
13
13

OT Cats
To all of the cat lovers who allow their vermin pets to walk on the kitchen work tops and empty the stinking shit filled litter trays. Parasite in cats linked to prostate cancer risk | Blackpool...
1
1

OT BA. outage. What happened. Allegedly.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/british-airways-system-outage-it-worker-power-supply-switch-off-accident-flights-delayed-cancelled-a7768581.html...
2
2

Silicone render
Hello. I've been looking for estimates for rendering the gable end wall of my bungalow with a coloured silicone coating; the wall is a mixture of brick and block where repairs and alterations have...
5
5

Installation manual for Parkinson Cowan Widsor Radiant Gas Fire, circa 1972
I am desperate to obtain the installation/service manual for the Parkinson Cowan Windsor Radiant Gas fire. The fire was installed in 1972....
22
22

Help with Victorian iron roof light
We have several iron sky lights in our roof, and I have just plucked up courage to actually start working on one. Got it to open, and managed to scrape off a lot of the old paint, down to bare metal....
3
3

Smartmeters revisited ...
No, not the usual "should I have them fitted?" vs "no they're insecure!" discussion ... You may remember last year I opened up the in-house display for my smart meters, and using a digital scope found...
13
13