Subject Author Posted Replies

Using address labels when marking up.
When marking up on resistant or dark surfaces, i.e. glass, laminates, dark veneers it might help to cut up address labels and first stick these across the intended lines maybe at 1ft intervals. The...
1
1

birds nests in the chimney
Is there a time of year when it's more humane or even more legal to sweep a chimney which has had birds nesting in it which have blocked it? I don't know what the birds are, maybe jackdaws. Tim w
8
8

Fascias and Soffits Replacement Pricing
I wonder if someone here in the know might be able to comment on a quote I just received for PVC replacement of all timber roofline material. The property is a large bungalow of cruciform shape so...
12
12

cladding tests
cladding tests to begin tomorrow, not just from grenfell, but for council towers across the country So looks like it could turn on the alteration from this zinc FR composite in the initial 2012...
21
21

Selling a vehicle by auction
Does anyone here have experience of selling a vehicle by, say, BCA, as against a smaller local vehicle auction site? I'm obviously interested in seller's total fees and costs and whether it is just a...
28
28

Drains: Maximum length of underground 110mm soil pipe?
========================= ================ ========================= ================/ Thanks for the replies. I can't find anything in the Building Regs Part H r egarding maximum length. This...
6
6

Drains
I shall look into that, thanks. Although the plastic rods cleared the blockage really easily.
6
6

How it's done up here
bloody drugy ..... one of my jobs.... A man, 50, has been charged with drug offences after flames caught hold in a seventh-floor flat at Nethercraigs Court
6
6

Insect screens
Those of you with good memories will recall that I have asked about UK suppliers of aluminium framed insect screens for windows. I've previously purchased the "loose mesh and velcro" types, but...
7
7

domestic sprinklers
who thinks a council tenant could resist the temptation to have a go at one of these and which one would be less attractive? ...... and would it result in gaining own front and back door? .....
27
27

OT: There were 900 families in that tower block!
Which must have presented a fire risk by itself! But how come 900? Because Mrs. May says that every family in that block will get 5,500 quid from that £5m fund. Looks like they've got the shadow...
58
58

Shower problem mira 88 (old pre 1984
This unit was fitted then I bought the house. My idea is to replace the center valve unit only. eg. Undo the two water feeds, remove the center unit from back mounting, mount new valve reconnect the...
4
4

OT Average speed cameras
I've just read that if a vehicle changes lanes the cameras cannot detect the speed of that vehicle once it has changed lanes. I'm not into speeding, just curious. Anybody?
14
14

[OT] Grenfell Tower - Officials
Like most of the country, I have been following the news, and watching in amazement and exasperation as Theresa follows fuck up with fuck up, whilst Jeremy seemingly enhances his reputation and...
116
116

Grenfell Tower - Celotex
A nearby wooden bungalow was refurbished and the insulation improved with Celotex a few years ago. I wonder if the occupants know that was the stuff on the outside of Grenfell tower that burns at high...
269
269