Subject Author Posted Replies

Repairing a Nozatec GPS
My Chinese GPS died, seems normal for GPSs IME, except Garmin 1200. Anyway, I suspected that it's battery had died, so fished out the special screwdriver set that I bought for mobile phone surgery and...
3
3

gardeners in SW London
We need gardening work, viz garden clearance, levelling, applying topsoil, laying turf rolls, instlation of lawn edge, plant three shrubs, all inclusive. This has been quoted by a professional...
8
8

OT Civil war?

Metofiice web site not loading?
I'm unable to download any pages from the metoffice website. I am on Plusnet, anyone else got a similar problem please? Contact the Met Office for information about our forecasts, products, services,...
12
12

600
same stuff as Grenfell found in 600 blocks in England and Wales ....shocking
17
17

cctv funny
Recently my internet remote viewing CCTV quad view picture is not showing 4 different pictures. Even over local wifi which of course uses the same remote redirect. Picture 1 will be OK, but picture 2...
1
1

Retention for gates purchase
I am having a set of wooden gates made for my driveway entrance. The supplier, a well-known local builders and farm supply merchant, will make them to fit, based on a standard design, with mods. to...
10
10

Another electrical question: sub main wiring
The large'ish 1930s house I moved to a few weeks ago has some "interesting" wiring that I need to sort out over the months ahead. The incomer is in the (attached) garage. There's a Henley block that...
3
3

Memories - old technology
Remember trying to improve an old TV by adjusting the Convergenece Controls. I recall, my old Murphy had about 20 potentiometers and other ajustements.
123
123

Underground cables
I need to replace a couple of overhead cable runs to sheds, one is about 110mm and the others are in a daisy chain of 3 sheds with a maximum distance (between the ends of the chain) of about 50m. Each...
30
30

potting electronics
The genuine potting compounds are expensive, I need some ideas for cheap alternatives. Poundland epoxy adhesive? Car body filler? Bathroom silicone? Something else? I envisage the encapsulated circuit...
14
14

bridge load of troubled crap
just heard it and seen the video...only people I recognised was Daltry and that black guitarist...what a load of sentimental piss we can all do without ......
9
9

OT: 50 years on from the Summer of Love...
...Corbyn announces the summer of Hate.
1
1

Blast from the past
Heathkit is launching their first new kit in 30 years: "We have opened advance orders for our newest product, the HM-1002 Heathkit® Precision RF Meter?, for our most loyal customers and fans. This is...
13
13

Internal circlip of some sort ?
One of my hobbies involves an activated carbon filter to remove taints from a liquid. For reasons unknown it seems impossible to source a new filter - as various shops are discovering. Rather than...
21
21