Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: No water
Well that's exciting. Water pressure has dropped to zero bar, and not just here but over several villages locally.
3
3

Freezers-holidays and fire
I have always been bothered leaving my freezer on when house vacant with holidays. More so now in the aftermath of the Grenfell fire. A bit heath robinson but how realistic would it be to sit a couple...
12
12

WiFi enabled 13A plug?
Lots of places supply a combined 13A plug and socket that can be controlled remotely (with a battery operated wireless or IR remote). This kind of thing: Does anyone do the same kind of socket, but...
14
14

Checkatrade ads.
2x reds, 2x blacks and 2x yellows being connected into the back of a surface mount double 13amp socket. They also seem to be 1.5mm. Good ad? I think not.
11
11

forget pre-turf fertiliser
I bought some pre-turf fertiliser but forgot to use it. Doh ! Can I dissolve it in water and spray it on instead ? Simon.
3
3

How not to DIY a new manhole cover
The 120 year old inspection chamber in our back yard has needed attention for some time. Very industrial: just cast iron[1] in concrete. So I finally summoned the courage to apply the 9 inch angle...
2
2

Freezer monitoring
I have a freezer in the (attached) garage but unless I actually open the door, the overtemperature warning light is invisible. As this is "overflow" stock, there can be several days between visits....
11
11

Countax C600h lawn tractor - anybody here knowledgeable?
I've recently "inherited" this ride-on mower - it worked well until yesterday but now the cutter drive belt tension is suddenly far too slack, despite the tension handle being in the right place. The...
19
19

Lee scaffolding.
Another of these 'don't use' posts. Was quite impressed with them when they used Google to look at the back of my house to give a quote for scaffolding, to paint the outside. (have a very non standard...
8
8

Plant Hire Insurance
I have hired many different machines in past ... tracked diggers, dumpers etc. Now this time need a machine for a week and the usual company now stating I need to provide insurance - and offer no...
2
2

Ieeka
I hate Ieeka .....
1
1

Up and Over Garage Door
I have a Henderson door that is over 30 years old and doing well. It is the type with the coiled spring across the top and the conical cable rollers at each end. I noticed that the rollers in the...
14
14

Diverting rainwater into pond
I have a large (for a domestic garden - although we call it the small pond, since I have a large pond, too. Whatever. It's probably about 30 feet across and 6 feet deep) pond about 50 feet from the...
38
38

How comes Japan can get a free trade deal with the EU
Anyone care to explain ? The European Union and Japan conclude a landmark free trade deal in Brussels, EU officials announce.
36
36

Black slime
One of our WC cisterns keeps being contaminated with a black slimy results in the slime also building up in the lip of the lavatory bowl with lumps dropping out with the flush. STWNFI has added bleach...
19
19