Subject Author Posted Replies

DIY still exists
In a moment of folly, after the boiler had been serviced, I decided to put small wheels on the 8ft tall boiler cabinet UGH! I tried appliance rollers, but they were too wide. I could only buy small...
6
6

trailer boards
That's the most sensible suggestion in this thread. Chris
21
21

Compton Garage project
Hi Can anyone advise - i have an old Compton garage (concrete panels all slott ed together, old concrete/asbestos roof, popular in the '80's!). The roof h as all but fallen in so about to start a...
3
3

Electrical Inspections
A friend has just inherited a house built in the late 60s which has had pretty much nothing done to it since, except for uPVC Doors and Windows. It needs the full bathroom/kitchen renovations but it...
59
59

OT: Harry's game?
6
6

Emergency exit lighting
Our village hall has several fire exits each with a luminaire that is supposed to come on if the mains power fails. The other week they all came on when we were leaving the hall after a function, and...
22
22

Which varnish?
Which varnishes would be good for wooden coasters? Also which glue for a cork backing? I'm told it needs to not be expensive, but must last a few years at least. NT
2
2

Light diffuser attachment for ceiling bulb?
I've been doing a few stretches and have been annoyed by the glare of the direct light from the hanging ceiling bulb. It's the usual mains-voltage GLS bulb. I can't get enough lght from other lamps in...
10
10

Car emission kit life span and cost of replacement.
"Diesels are taking a hit due to the gradual public realisation that the emissions reducing kit does not last the life of the vehicle. Serious failures are likely before the car reaches 100,000 miles...
3
3

CM927 thermostat
Dropped thermostat and battery fittings fell out, I have no idea how to put them back into place within the unit. Could someone please help!
1
1

Ebay browsing painfully slow
Andy Burns presented the following explanation : Yes I had, but disabling the the blocker for ebay makes no difference at all. A full next page takes 40 seconds before I can begin to slide the page...
16
16

Looking for a replacement switch
It ia for 12v and goes in a fancy gold frame containing the 10w halogen reflector lamp. Now converted to LED reflector lamp. The switch is similar to a rocker type, but with no surrounding lip, just...
9
9

Flat 3 flex
The Anglepoise originally had flat 3 flex (no sheath) and this seems best for fitting into a square tube. The 0.5 sq. mm. that I used has an intermittent break at one of the 'elbows' and, as it's such...
21
21

Part P for Toilet? And Extractor Fan needed.
Suus cuique crepitus bene olet.
12
12

[Power] Aug 21 solar eclipse will reduce US energy generation by 9MW
Interesting. Article on how the upcoming solar eclipse will temporarily reduce US energy generation by ~9MW due to loss of solar, requiring gas and hydro reserves to be brought online. "During the...
28
28