Subject Author Posted Replies

And another email funny
We used to be on Tiscali/talktalk, but now on Plusnet. TT still accepts and allows download of incoming email, but not sending. I am using Outlook 97, which is set to send and receive via several...
13
13

OT - ish - Video capture / editing
HI folks Continuing my thoughts about the Raspberry PI / video-wall installation.... - which will be kind of d-i-y, as I'll be doing it myself - and I know that there a people here with wide...
4
4

Roofing question.
Have a flat roof (standard roofing felt) that meets up with a sloping slated one. The flat roof is angled slightly so the slate roof takes all the rain water from it. The joint between the two is...
6
6

How to cover a large soakaway?
I have a Well soakaway (to pump water into before it runs clear and could be pumped into the loft tanks - all now redundant) and a soakaway that takes the septic tank output before (presumably)...
13
13

Dimmer spares.
Have lots of dimmers here, and the most common failure is the push on/off switch - part of the pot. And haven't been able to find a source of them.
43
43

email funny
The email server has started putting up the following message on some addresses. An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail...
15
15

Wher to find toilet seat bumpers with 40mm centres
I need to replace the white pads under a loo seat but can't find any woth spigots at 40mm centres (Mr Google has not been helpful). I could fill the holes and get some screw-on pads but would prefer...
1
1

eneloop rechargeable AAA Question
On recs from this group, I bought eneloops AAs for our Braun toothbrushes and they're great i.e. 8 to 10 weeks between charging (s) and loadsa oomph. I've recently bought 4 x AAAs to power a hand-held...
7
7

Cutting Thin Stainless Steel tube with Fibre inside
I have to cut a 4mm hollow stainless steel tube that contains 8 fibre optic cables. I need to remove about 1 metre of the Tube to expose the Fibres which are 125 microns in dia. The tubes are normally...
50
50

UK supplier of to-assemble tall kitchen cupboards with sliding doors ?
Hi, I have been searching online and can't find what I am looking for. I want s ome kitchen cabinets (larders?) that are about 2.4 m high and to span a dis tance of about 3m. The kitchen is very...
1
1

Using LED power supply to run incandescent bulbs
Well depends on the supply. I thought most leds these days were pulsed at high power, not straight dc? Brian
51
51

Quick question - sanding/grinding down render
I need to take the top 2 mm or so off some external render. I need it slightly lower than the rest of the surrounding render prior to applying a finish which will build it up again. My first thought...
4
4

eBay feedback, Neg or Neutral
In DIY as I DIYed the fitting. :-) Bought an LED flood lamp with PIR sensor off ebay, cheap so probably from China. First thing I did was check the earth, earth wire to metal case using continuity...
52
52

Times change
40 odd years ago, some big (really big) variable speed DC motors I installed, came with a rather ridiculously precise spec., suggesting it needed to run at some silly full speed figure like 548rpm +/-...
10
10

How to prevent expansion noise with long heating runs?
I'm about to replace my heating system within a 28mm spine down the length of the house and tees off it to the various rads. The longest straight runs are going to be about 20m so I'm concerned about...
17
17