Subject Author Posted Replies

Plastic fencing panels
Has anyone here any experience with plastic fencing panels? There seem to be various types available, with variations on t&g horizontal planking being the most usual. I've also seen illustrations of...
16
16

One for the plowperson.
http://vps.templar.co.uk/Cartoons%20and%20Politics/dilemma.jpg
5
5

Stick wood to plasterboard....help please
I need to stick a 3x1 batten to painted plasterboard wall. Paint is matt finish. Batten to hold metal rail and full length curtains. Any tips on the rifht adhesive? I will screw it into plasterboard...
14
14

Bamboo worktop
I'm looking at bamboo worktop for our soon to be new kitchen. It looks good, and is even a bit cheaper than wood, but is it difficult to work? Any recommended suppliers? Anyone used it? Cheers
7
7

OT: Travellers
"Action is being taken to evict a group of travellers from Vista Road Recreation Ground in Clacton. Eight caravans and a dozen vehicles turned up at the site at around lunchtime on Sunday shortly...
90
90

what might be wrong with this wiring?
What might be wrong with mains wiring that behaves as follows, connecting two lamps in parallel to two switches, S1 and S2. When S1 is switched one way, everything works fine: S2 toggles the lamps on...
29
29

Diplomat/SMEG ADP 8242 Dishwasher no water input
Our dishwasher appears to start ok, the motor runs but no water is coming into the body of the machine. How do I check whether the valve is malfunctioning or is it a software issue? Any help would be...
3
3

[OT] Claiming compensation for delayed flight under EU regulations
Just back from a holiday where the return flight was 36 hours late, and was wondering if this qualifies us for compensation under the EU Air Passenger Rights. According to the above we do "If your...
3
3

Toilet fan into close?
Can ye naw jist chib the bustard? Owain
25
25

Multiple on and off per day - security light - which type of bulb?
I have PIR lights out front which take a standard ES bulb. The bulbs don't seem to last long; months rather than years. I've tried halogen but they don't seem much better than filament. CFL were very...
75
75

Advice, please, on fitting a bathroom extractor fan.
The scenario: a 1960s apartment with a windowless bathroom which looks a bit like this Not shown on this stock plan is a hollow column which is on the wall behind the door hinge and goes from floor to...
13
13

Beginners 3D printer
Son has decided he wants a 3D printer . I was telling him to get decent results requires experimentation and the plastic can be relatively expensive . He wanted a build up one (mainly because it was...
12
12

Cokin
I have an old Cokin 67mm sq filter holder. I need to get adapter rings for it but am confused by the Cokin terminology which appears to have changed since when I last used these ( pre digital) I'm...
5
5

Electrical cable not conforming to standards - NZ - here?
A couple of articles: and . Apparently electrical cable is being imported into NZ and not tested because it has certification from overseas (medium risk). There is now a call for local testing as some...
9
9

OT The DM is getting concerned about mumsnet
So bad that the National Trust are said to be concerned about their adverts appearing in the wrong place. One commenter has written :- "I always thought Mumsnet was another way of describing the...
42
42