Subject Author Posted Replies

Warped pine plank in flat pack loft bed.
Hi, I have recently bought a flat pack loft bed online and the top guardrail at the front of the bed seems to be warped in such a way that it bends towards the inside of the bed next to where is...
6
6

Use of Eco insulation...not advised
I dunno whether to laugh or cry. Real wool insulation now a moth ridden £10,000 nightmare, and the owners can't sue the company that installed it because like most Green shit companies, they went out...
25
25

Spares
When I moved into this house in 1990, I found in the loft two interlocking concrete tiles, and thought what a good idea for the builders to leave a couple of spares. I've never needed them, but today...
3
3

fireplace help
We moved into an old house a year ago and want to do something with this metal hollow fireplace.I don't want to remove it from the wall but it looks like the surface is peeling away on the back plate...
3
3

Magnifying lamps
Getting to the stage where I am struggling to see small 'stuff' that I am trying to work on, and thinking about a magnifying lamp of some type. There are the simple plug in USB powered LED types,...
37
37

OT Another Green stealth tax?
I've just listened to a Government minister on the radio suggest that _everyone_ wins from fitting solar panels to 800,000 social housing properties. The tenants get the solar panels fitted for free....
6
6

Copper cable K type thermocouple connectors Disaster?
Hi Some nameless cretin decided it would be a good idea to streamline the selection of signal cable connectors on a current little device I'm playing with. We have K type two pin connectors for...
13
13

Removing moss.
try biological washing powder, make a solution,apply and wait. works fine for me, cheap and readily available.
13
13

How long will it last?
Last time I used the mower the drive was a bit intermittent, some times staying on others not driving. Investigated today, outer sheath of clutch cable broken at the lower ferrule and cable badly...
1
1

Drill bit to big for chuck, such thing as converter
3/8, which is a bit less. Bill
9
9

Blocking vents in walls
The continuing saga of the ex PO/shop attached to our house. Keep in mind that, for 40 years, it was 'improved' by 'engineers' employed by Royal Mail and/or Post Office, who added sockets, installed...
10
10

OT Grenfell tower fire
And that's your first bit of fake news. The 'tenants' requirement was not for them to be tenants of the block - but simply legal tenants of the council.
33
33

R. Cott. 25
Further to the floor joist/heat board questions... The grooved chipboard supplied is likely to lead to a lot of waste. Basically because joints must be supported. Noggins as discussed is one solution...
9
9

Washing machine turns off after turning on
My AEG lavamat protex 75485FL turned off couple of second after I turn it on. It seems that If I plug it for more time before switching on, the machine remain on for more second. It seems something...
5
5

Insulation around wiring
I've noticed that in my once uninsulated old build. Remove a socket or switch on a windy day and quite a gale blows through.
13
13