Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: What's happened to Simon Mason ?.
He's gone very quiet recently.
4

Telescopic ladders
Anyone used one of these telescopic ladders? The main use will be cleaning/repairing gutters, don't need to get on the roof. I have a suitable double extension already, but sometimes getting it...
12
12

console brackets
any Idea where I can get console brackets? ...
18
18

OT: Current 'best' mailhost please?
Hi all, Looking for a good / reliable / vfm mail and possibly web / domain host (again / still / long story) and found this site: And if you look at that first chart it sorta shows a negative trend...
37
37

OT: pubic hair
As usual, when I woke from my nap I flicked through the channels. I found myself (and Hil) looking at a programme where people were naked. It appeared to be some sort of dating programme. All the...
43
43

Old TVs
Normal sound is from a PC speaker system bought for this job, if I want better sound, then the Humax feeds into the Amplifier (called HiFi back in the 1970s).
120
120

British gas rc2 thermostat
Hi, we switched the boiler off for summer and when switching it back to water and heat the rc2 wireless thermostat doesn't seem to be connecting to it module. Usually when we flick the thermostat up...
3
3

How think are 1/2 inch tap wahers please ?
Hi, I need to know how thick 1/2" tap washers are, I don't have one at hand and need to make one. I looked at British Standards web site and they want to charge me £46 quid for a PDF standard. Many...
5
5

Showerroom - partly tiled
Pics: or short Tiler did a great job tiling (I diy'd the screed and concrete slab) and I have tested the fall with water and it runs into the drain nicely. I woke up this morning with one huge panic...
18
18

Clothes pegs - longest lasting if left outside?
Which will last longer if left outside, wooden clothes pegs or plastic clothes pegs?
21
21

Using heat source to kill weeds
We are invaded by strong weeds from behind a metal fence that we cannot reach. would an electric hot air weed burner similar to this: Would this be a useful kind of thing to fight a war of attrition...
25
25

How to cut UPVC trim lengthways?
I want to cut quite a few flexible angle trims lengthways to reduce their width. What is the best way to do this? Clamping between two lengths of 4x2" and then cutting the excess seems like the way to...
8
8

Predicting a graph from 3 (6?) values?
Because there are times when a straight 'old fashioned' analogue panel meter can show (in a human sense) things better than a digital display (and why few car speedos are digital today AFAIK) I...
81
81

Wind Turbine
Saw some over the last few days with a Generator body that was bery short - but large diameter. They seemed big machines - rather than domestic ones. Any ideas why the different design?
6
6

Bang!
"Air freshener causes car to explode in B&Q car park in Southend." Could have happened with anything, a spark from the ignition key etc. Air fresheners shouldn't be giving off explosive gases!
16
16