Subject Author Posted Replies

CO2 gas bottle thread size
I seem to be going round in circles. I recently bought a 'no deposit' bottle that has a strange thread to fit a regulator. I purchased a regulator that has an inlet thread: G5/8-14 It has the same...
4
4

Stainless Steel Springs
I need to source some replacement stainless steel compression springs OD 4.84mm uncompressed length 20mm ID 3.5mm wire aprox 0.67 diam Guessing it is nominally a 3/16" x 3/4" spring Any know of a...
4
4

poly bushes
Anyone here replaced stock rubber bushings with the polyurethane type and if so, what difference did you notice - if any - in the comfort and handling of the vehicle?
2
2

Escutcheon
The current escutcheon on my front door mortice lock has a round chunky cast brass cover - hinged at the top. I'm changing the door furniture to brushed stainless steel and have found everything else...
10
10

Plumbing with chrome
Hi all I am fitting a couple of rads today and we have chrome plated pipe for the tails and then under the floor all the pipework is plastic. What's the best way to connect the plastic to the chrome?...
4
4

Plumbing with chrome pipe
Hi all I am fitting a couple of rads today and we have chrome plated pipe for the tails and then under the floor all the pipework is plastic. What's the best way to connect the plastic to the chrome?...
23
23

Soft start-up on DC Motor, would a Thermistor work?
Afternoon all. I've got a drum filter (like a big washing machine) for the pond. It's driven by a 24v worm-drive gearbox DC motor thing. Earlier this year the motor/drive packed up so I replaced it...
23
23

OT: SMS Gateway
Can anyone recommend an email/web to SMS gateway for sending occasional texts from my PC, please? Preferably, one that's free or a few pence per text. Also, one that's reliable and doesn't harvest...
24
24

OT: Its official - fear of nuclear kills more people
"One of the main lessons drawn is that the impact of a nuclear accident goes well beyond direct radiation effects and includes considerable psychological, social and economic consequences," Shamisen...
21
21

Any ideas for cutting household spendings?
Haya! I realised I spent so much money without any reason, really - I'd like to change that. I've already heard about listing my parking space on the Internet for people to rent it - clever! Has...
10
10

OT: LOL what does this mean?
"Mexico CIty Mayor Miguel Angel Mancera said parts of the city are without in an interview on Foro TV." Dozens of people are dead after the most powerful earthquake to hit Mexico in a century struck...
6
6

How thick are the police?
My van was robbed of its van vault. The bastards smashed the door open and ripped it off the floor. The police have now found a van vault and want to try my van vault keys in it as it is locked and...
23
23

Wireless weatherproof switch?
An elderly family friend has an external switch that turns on a garden water feature via some sort of remote control, or she could until she misplaced the remote. ;-( Looking at the external box it...
20
20

Lidl Parkside accessories - bank transfer only?
I've just got round to trying to order a replacement battery for my cordless circular saw. I've bought one in the past, and AFICR other bits, but I think I used a credit card. The Ts&Cs also say...
7
7

Are these surface mount components or not?
See all those little brown blobs? Are they actually surface mount resistors/capacitors? They don't seem to be connected to both contacts. It's the power board for an LCD TV.
4
4