Subject Author Posted Replies

Help!Looking everywhere to replace Homark compact SE4400 dishwasher
Had this dishwasher for many years,suits the space i have find the same product anywhere,really appreciate if anyone can help?
3
3

Capless
Bought a car with a capless fuel filler....why do they say you shouldn't use petrol cans with a spout ? ....... have to say it is so easy just to flop the cover and thrust in the nozzle at petrol...
14
14

OT: Chemistry
Gentlemen, I'm trying to find the correct term for this process. You sometimes hear chemists describe how they 'tweaked' a molecule by adding a benzine ring here, tacking on a hydroxyl radical there,...
17
17

OT: Onions from Australia! WTF!
I try to resist OT topics but had to vent after spotting that the onion I just chopped had been grown in Australia! It's hard to comprehend how it can make economic sense to ship an onion from Oz to...
62
62

I've just had a flexible hose burst.
I've just had a flexible hose burst. 7 years old under the bath and connected to the hot tap. The braiding was completely corroded and the rubber pipe split. The flat below flooded. I had no idea that...
11
11

OT: windows backup fails with 'file not found'.
8
8

Electrical Safe Tea
Gentlemen, I've just come up with a very simple idea to massively improve safe- working in high voltage cabinets where testing has to be done live. In fact it's so simple there must surely be some...
23
23

[OT] Buying a new mattress
Time for a new king size mattress, ours being rather soft and many, many years old. Firm support is the way to go, but any recommendations, or types to avoid? Looking at John Lewis, where they start...
24
24

The perpetual " Cornish" problem - damp and mold.
Some will understand this problem and others will not. You have to know abo ut wet and damp weather and condensation in old ( and over insulated mayb e?) houses. So, winter is coming on and now I have...
47
47

Why we dont use methanol fuel.
20
20

Digging a narrow hole 1m deep in a confined space?
I would welcome some thoughts and ideas from the panel... I am planning on replacing our lean-to conservatory with a proper (regs-com pliant) extension and knocking through from the house. To keep...
7
7

WD-40 anecdote
Posted without comment, but this came from a fellow tribologist from the sort of family that would be expected to have very good long case clocks as heirlooms. "We inherited an old grandfather clock...
37
37

OT: Wood burning stove question
I inherited a WB stove with this house, but no instructions. I lit it today for the first time and realise that I don't know how to set the controls, and without knowing the make/model I can't search...
29
29

Electrical question: cable size and earthing for outbuilding
I have a 2-wire overhead sub-main to a large shed 40-45m away. The house earthing is TN-C-S (with an earth rod, ref other append) and the shed earth comes from a local earth rod; there's an RCD in the...
4
4

TN-C-S with additional earth rod
My house supply is TN-C-S but also has an earth rod. It's a dedicated supply that runs overhead for some distance before diving underground to get into the house. An earth rod with PME seems to be...
4
4