Subject Author Posted Replies

New renewable idea
I've got my popcorn ready tim Building one the size of India overĀ the North AtlanticĀ could solve the world's power problems
23
23

Cutting polycarbonate sheet 10mm
Twinwall: What best to use, if possible I dont want to buy as it is a one off job. from a 2 metre sheet I want to cut 3 x2x2 foot squares. Tools at hand: Blunt tenon saw, angle grinder, normal saws,...
26
26

Radiator valve (TRV) base for high heat output?
Are there any high flow TRV valve bases that would be sufficient for about 2.1kW at delta-T=30K (so flow = 50-something) which is what the unit can put out on max fan speed? Got the plumbers coming to...

OT:Whatever happenened to .... asprin ?
SWMBO has had some pains recently, and it occurred to me that over the past few years, the first suggestion from medics has been paracetamol. When and why did asprin (which if nothing else has a long...
39
39

Room level CH zoning
Does anyone have any experience of / recommendations for a "smart" multi room CH zoning system? Thinking here of something like the Honeywell Evo Home range? A mate of mine is considering a system...
19
19

Using a trolley jack with seam weld jacking points.
The saddle of my Sealey low entry jack has an external diameter of 11cm. This is only slightly smaller than the length of the seam weld jacking points on my replacement the car. The jack saddle is...
10
10

Fen type rat traps
Wheres the best palce to buy these?
2
2

Aldi grinders - for wood chisels?
Just received my weekly AldiMail, and spotted a couple of bench grinders coming in. I do already have a small bench grinder, but could really do with something that would grind wood chisel and plane...
13
13

Baxi Boiler Pressure Relief valve
After being disturbed due to other work the pressure relief valve appears not to be sealing and the pressure drops to zero. I can keep the pressure up by cracking open the inlet tap just a tad,...
22
22

RAM Kitchens - need a hinge
Hi, does anyone know where I might be able to get a hinge to fit a RAM kitchen wall cabinet? Its no 6 type - metal and plastic. One of mine is faulty. OH has said he can replace it. I found a place on...
8
8

CCTV of the recent road accident near the Natural History Museum
I haven't seen any. Seems odd. Bill
30
30

C4's Escape Programme
Gentlemen, Can't help but notice a couple of inconsistencies in tonight's show. They're supposed to have access to only basic tools, so where did the arc welder come from and how was it powered up?...
10
10

Flight
Sounds like a Jethro Tull song, circa Heavy Horses.
18
18

Baxi fire battery
Today, having just unblocked the loo, I was told that the gas fire wouldn't light. It's a Baxi Dream (I think) and has a little 9 volt battery (alkaline 6F22) that usually runs the clicking thing that...
1
1

R. Cott. 26
Right. Floor heating pipe ready for screeders! Next issue is fixed load (kitchen units) on 18mm chip over 40mm PIR foam. The heating system suppliers recommend stiffening the floor (insert suitable...
5
5