Subject Author Posted Replies

Vaillant ecoMax pro E18
It didnt fire up this morning. Took front cover off thinking that pushing the red re-set button might fix it but sadly NO. On the display it is showing "10" on the left side next to a flashing...
3
3

Dust bag for Bosch planer
I've just bought a Bosch PHO 1500 planer and need a dust collection bag for it. I can't seem to find any for less than about £25 plus postage - a nd I suspect if I get one it'll be a flimsy cheap...
2
2

Very OT - Waddle
People watching on holiday and noticed the vast number of slightly larger ladies and some teenagers whose legs sort of crank outwards below the knees. Usually associated with thick knees and shapeless...
15
15

Bulkhead type light fittings
I hate the damn things - made worse now with LEDs. I want to see the effect of a light - not the light source! Seeing the source just makes everywhere look darker as you eyes try to cope with the...
14
14

LED v CFL bulbs
My house is mostly lit by cfl lamps, apart from a couple of LEDs used as bedside lights. I am thinking about switching to LEDs throughout. Is this viable? Pros and cons? I would value your opinions....
130
130

OT: So 25mph is a 'strong wind' that rates a yellow warning?
Cos that is all it is at the nearest airbase.
9
9

45kg radiator on thermalite block wall - recommended fixings?
What would you use? I have used stud+resin for basins on the same wall, but it's probably a bit excessive as the rad will take upto 8 fixings without too much leverage (unlike the basin). I've got...
14
14

You'd think someone would have noticed!
Spot the hidden error (in the photo). Mac Allister 750W 240V 115mm Corded Angle grinder MSAG750 - B&Q for all your home and garden supplies and advice on all the latest DIY trends
19
19

Arranging coals on kohlgas fire
Has anyone got a manual on coal layout for model K2N 7000 Thankyou
19
19

Door handles
How do you fix door handles that come with a flange that prevents you screwing them on the door?
5
5

Ping Tribologists
Hi all, Another but different question on the 'Silent' piston compressor. Talking to the manufactures today it seems they 'now' supply / recommend a fully synthetic oil, over presumably a semi or...
1
1

Brick-laying is hard -- update!
The lad did quite a neat job of the brick-laying. Unfortunately, he has made a bit of a mess with the pointing. The bricks have quite a good smearing of mortar on them. I've tried taking this off with...
13
13

Inspecting the construction of a solid concrete base
I would like to determine the exact construction of our conservatory floor base i.e. whether or not it is insulated and, if so, how and to what extent . To do this I figured I could simply drill an...
5
5

Chemically disolving black gunge.
Hi all, I'm helping a mate who has just bought a second hand silent compressor (on my recommendation) and the one he bought was know faulty, 'spares or repair' etc. On testing there was no output (as...
34
34

diy data recovery
I have a usb3 1TB Hitachi hdd with which I have a problem, the drive is recognised and the folders are all, bar one, displayed in the pick table but all the folder contents appear empty. I suspect the...
72
72