Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: O2 Mobile Broadband
Hi Folks, I have a Huawei E3373 4G dongle that stubbonly refuses to even find the O2 network let alone connect. I'm confident the SIM is correctly inserted as it picks up the SIM's number ok (and is...
5
5

Not having a good day
I have managed to run two people over today. I'll have to take the blame for the first one one matter how daft she was. As least she was not hurt. Second one not my problem - and he needs a new bike...
41
41

three lamps.....one cable
how can i wire three lamp/hanging bulb holders to one cable
18
18

DIY Sous-vide controller
Was lucky enough to snaffle a food vacuum sealing unit from Lidl (£24.99) last week ... It's already impressed the Jethro household (for vacuum sealing before freezing and preventing drying out). I...
35
35

Curtain rails into concrete lintels
This weekend I was tasked with the job of a curtain rail. Having attempted said challenge previously and failed due to being unable to drill holes in lintel and not knowing if there was steel involved...
2
2

Smart meters again
BBC Radio 4, You and Yours... Only had half an ear on it, but... No SMETS2 smart meters before July 2018, more likely 2019 before testing is complete and main roll out starts, or companies risk having...
58
58

Bathroom smell
I have probably mentioned before that we have an en suite bathroom upstairs that sometimes smells - a toilet or sewage smell. Not overwhelming, and not all the time, but there. Never really been a...
8
8

unlocking an HTC smartphone
I want to unlock the SIM on an old HTC one SV from EE, which sill has a goo d battery from circa 2013, but not getting much sense on the web. I get tw o sets of web pages: (i) No problem. Do it for...
13
13

Tamper light
Er, you forgot to tell us make & model of alarm
4
4

Garden Shed Roof
Our shed has a single layer of felt on its sloped roof nailed in place with battens nailed over along the edges. The shed is free-standing. It has now developed a leak. My plan is to recover it with...
21
21

Vaillant ecoMax pro E18
It didnt fire up this morning. Took front cover off thinking that pushing the red re-set button might fix it but sadly NO. On the display it is showing "10" on the left side next to a flashing...
3
3

Dust bag for Bosch planer
I've just bought a Bosch PHO 1500 planer and need a dust collection bag for it. I can't seem to find any for less than about £25 plus postage - a nd I suspect if I get one it'll be a flimsy cheap...
2
2

Very OT - Waddle
People watching on holiday and noticed the vast number of slightly larger ladies and some teenagers whose legs sort of crank outwards below the knees. Usually associated with thick knees and shapeless...
15
15

Bulkhead type light fittings
I hate the damn things - made worse now with LEDs. I want to see the effect of a light - not the light source! Seeing the source just makes everywhere look darker as you eyes try to cope with the...
14
14

LED v CFL bulbs
My house is mostly lit by cfl lamps, apart from a couple of LEDs used as bedside lights. I am thinking about switching to LEDs throughout. Is this viable? Pros and cons? I would value your opinions....
130
130