Subject Author Posted Replies

SM miracle
We have just switched from First Utility to Bristol Energy and the suggestions were that our SM's would no longer work as SM's - today in fact. The indications so far, are that the SM's are continuing...
2
2

Table saw Advice?
Hi, Would anyone be able to reccomend a table saw? The item is for general use, wood, MDF and even chopping offcuts and the odd tree branch to something that will fit in the wood burner. I thought the...
17
17

Toolstation mirror demisters * 2 - free to good home
Bought as part of the house refurb but never used (too big for the mirror cabinets we ended up with and the mirrors never mist up anyway). I am reluctant to bin them because they are brand new...

LED G9
Has anyone any recommendations for a dimmable G9 LED to replace some 40watt halogens in lounge ceiling light.
5
5

That's todays job cancelled
Customer offered to put his car down his drive to allow me the space to park across the front his drive way. Well he knocked the gas meter and cabinet off the wall with his car whist reversing down...
3
3

OT:EU, our friend and ally?
It would seem that if the EU had an army, they would have declared war on us. As it is, they have declared economic war. With friends like that.....
144
144

8 foot ceilings
Just an ordinary 1930s end terrace in the Midlands with standard 8 foot cei lings. We've had no plasterboard on the back room ceiling for at least a year, whi ch gave the effect of 8'7" ceilings....
11
11

Disposing of old petrol (or diesel for that matter)
As part of the ongoing clear up I have a small amount of petrol in a green can. It is old (probably from when we had a petrol lawnmower). I've just looked up the details of how to dispose of it and it...
55
55

OT Maastricht treaty, the truth.
1
1

Help me understand power banks.
I have (elsewhere) previous been recommended to buy a power bank to uses as an emergency back up for my portable devices. Which, because I have a candy bar phone with a standby time of 3 weeks, means...
39
39

I think I'm doomed with foam
When I was using a lot of foam (replacing all windows/doors) I had a decent foam gun, and kept it cleaned after each usage, no problems. Then when I started using it less frequently it started to get...
9
9

Kinetico water softener 2020c
Does anyone have one of these? I have one but need to change the regenerati on disk from a 5 to a higher number as the water here is very very hard and the softener isn?t getting enough limescale out....
3
3

Miracles do happen.
After 18 months of nightmare phone trouble, Open Reach finally dug up the pavement and remade the 70 year old joint for my line. Turns out that digging up the pavement for other services at least 8...
1
1

Got myself in a hole...
Hi All, I was fitting a low profile shower try which requires it to be stuck to the floor with silicone. The floor is 3/4 ply so I cut an over sized hole in it to enable the trap to fit through and...
12
12

(some) touch screen annoyances
What causes the situation where a touch screen device (in this case the POS on board computer in my Citroen) clearly recognises a touch, as the icon flashes, but then decides to ignore it ? With the...