Subject Author Posted Replies

LED bulb failed - and replaced free after 3 years
Nearly 3 years ago I bought several 13W LED bulbs from Messrs Ryness lighting in Old Compton St in London. They were expensive, £11-99 each, but I was reassured to see that they had a 3 year...
20
20

OT: Honda and the EU
Reports on the news yesterday that Honda have concerns about UK car production if we don't reach a free trade agreement with the EU. Basically, they import many parts needed for car assembly here from...
108
108

Prop planes over Scotland
(Aberdeenshire) Quietly standing in the garden yesterday, hanging out washing, when I heard an unusual noise and, looking up, saw a four engine prop plane fly over the village from the north, then...
22
22

Phone mute - how does that work
Waiting to get through to Plusnet's support, they play music whilst waiting. If their is any noise in the room, the music mutes, however they also break into the music to make a regular voice...
4
4

Fixing a back box in lath and plaster wall
We have a double socket about three feet above floor level, set in a lath and plaster wall. Never been right since we moved in, the only fixings being screws through the back box into the laths...
4
4

Eternal-september ... Again
Has ES gone tits-up again? It's been running ok since the changes of a few weeks ago. I'm suddenly being asked for username and password. Cheers
8
8

bloody Ikea
In 2009 I installed a complete Ikea Faktum System kitchen....I now find I need new doors on most of the units.....went to Ikea tody and found all their base and wall units are now 800mm high instead...
39
39

Reattaching a wall cupboard to plasterboard wall
I have been asked to reattach a kitchen high up wall cupboard that has fall en off the wall The cupboard was attached to a wall which as far as I can see consists enti rely of plasterboard and it was...
11
11

Adhesive over pipe
Hi Can I use plasterboard adhesive over copper pipes to cover them with plasterboard (dot n dab) after boiler relocation? cheers
12
12

Aqualisa 099301 diverter
I have had the Aqualisa shower diverter for several years and recently it h as started to leak quite badly. I called Aqualisa and asked initially for s pare washers as I thought that might be the...
1
1

OT: sayings of my father
(If more than one room had a light on) "It's like Blackpool Illuminations this house; do you think I'm made of money?" (When I wanted a few bits of wood for a project) "Wood doesn't grow on trees you...
31
31

Shower: water heat transferred to room air
How much heat from a shower goes to heating the room? We have a 9.5 KW walk-in shower and it heats up a chilly bathroom without the need to switch on the 2kW wall heater. I was wondering how much heat...
16
16

Credit card receipt
I'm asking here because people here know everything, and an online search hasn't produced a clear answer. My wife paid by credit card in a small local shop. She looked at the receipt when she got home...
25
25

Tank in loft - freezing risk
We have a cold water storage tank in the loft, which is not properly lagged at the moment. My neighbour is convinced there is risk of flooding of the water freezes then thaws. The tank is made of...
8
8

Refrigerant release
Trying to find the legal situation on release of R600a from end of life domestic refrigeration. Anyone have any pointers? Cheers. NT
8
8