Subject Author Posted Replies

Ring wiring question
Hi all I have extended the ring main into a cupboard in my bathroom to power some shaver sockets. As part of the ring I need to power some 12v led strip lights. I was planning on using a standard...
31
31

OT - Safety is paramount
Out for a walk and saw two workers gunning some mastic into a gap between two concrete castings. The back of the reflective jacket said something like "Safety is Paramount in the Working Environment"....
5
5

Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care toilet
Hi all, I had a Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care toilet fitted in 2016. The solution in the water tank behind the skirt has run out, and so is using water only in the body wash cycle. Is there a non...
8
8

Storing various drain pipes
At the moment I have lots of bits of spare drainage, from soil pipes to guttering, chucked into a space behind the garage. However the garage is coming down so I need to relocate them (still some bits...
6
6

Electrical safety
Hate to think what dangerous set-ups people make with their outside fairy lights in their desperation to convice us they are having a happy Xmas
17
17

OT - Homeserve acquires Checkatrade
9
9

mapei grout
Screwfix are selling a small bag of MAPEI BUILDFIX FLEXIBLE WALL & FLOOR GROUT IVORY 2.5KG which is probably what I need, but I cannot find a colour chart. This grout is not on their website, the...
3
3

Roller blind fitting cost?
A friend has asked if I can fit two basic roller blinds. Both will need the roller and fabric shortening to fit narrower window. I'd happily do it for nothing but they insist on paying the going rate....
9
9

DECT phones
I have a BT 2000 dect phone with one extension. I could do with a couple more remote handsets off the one base unit. Am I right in thinking that other makes or models should be compatible or do I need...
10
10

Have you installed a Honeywell evohome security system?
I've been very happy with the evohome heating system so I'm considering installing the evohome security system and ditching the existing alarm (which is elderly and needs several changes). Any...

Re: One for our Dave......
Do you use The Express to wipe your arse with too? PLANS to give scores of pensioners access to wifi have been scrapped after council busybodies expressed concern they might use the internet to view...
2
2

Screwfix light bulbs
320 different kinds and not one BC LED R64 .
9
9

Extractor grille - what type?
I need a grille on an exterior wall for a 150mm cooker hood extractor. The choice is louvred, gravity or cowled. Which is best? Cheers
12
12

Re: Banging pipes.....
Sounds like there is air in the system somewhere. Not sure what the 10s clunk would be sounds like they need a plumber to take a look at it.
2
2

One for the burglar alarmists.
First fix electrical only laid in one 6 core for a door switch but forgot about needing a button set for that alternative access. I assume one 6 way can't do both jobs? Hard wired preferred as I'm...
20
20