Subject Author Posted Replies

Laminate flooring in kitchen
My local Homebase are selling this off very cheaply (£4 psm). I'm sure it's fine (enough) for the living room, but I was thinking of putting it in the kitchen. I would lay it and then give it a coat...
12
12

Cable OK flying between rafters?
Is it OK for an electric cable to pass through the air between rafters in a gap where people couldnt get and clipped at each end so it couldnt get pulled out of the elec fittings? photo at
8
8

Bathroom Dos & Don'ts
Some useful guidance there. NT http://lolman.ru/20-of-the-most-hilarious-and-weird-bathroom-pics-ever/
2
2

Replacement staircase.
Existing pine string with plywood risers and plasterboard back to hide the wedges. Brown wood stain so lots of work to improve. Budget enquiry for a replacement in Oak with semi open risers starts at...
30
30

[OT] safest method of remote payment?
Looking to take payment from a buyer far away from me within the UK. What is the safest method to do that? i.e. so that once the money is in my account it cannot be touched again by anyone but myself...
58
58

I've hacked off some tiles ....
Got rid of the old tiles in the kitchen. Some of them were on plasterboard, and I have some holes to mend, but I can cope with that. The problem is that some of the old tile adhesive is still adhering...
19
19

Outdoor wall mounted small parcel drop box
I get a lot of small packets in the post but may not be in when they arrive and the packets are usually too big for my letter box. So I am looking for a wall-mounted outdoor small-packet drop-box....
16
16

Windscreen washer fluid WTF?
Anyone had stuff *grow* in the fluid, especially if it's a bit old? I was topping the car up the other day and saw a couple of lumps of what looks like fungus stuff disappear down the nozzle into the...
13
13

OT Daft Idea or what?
Some new traffic lights have been installed nearby. There is a Turn Right Filter. On approaching you see either the red / amber / green for ahead and right if clear - or the Green Right Filter for...
30
30

Outdoor lights
Want to get some decent outdoor lights. Auto day light switching and solar powered ideally but otherwise 12v as the run will be up to 100yds with 5-10 lights on it I've seen some outdoor leds which...
21
21

SOT: Which car to use in snow?
We have two cars: a Fiat Panda and a Skoda Yeti. We live up a steep hill. It hasn't snowed here yet this winter [not so so much that you'd notice.] When the inevitable prolonged spell of snow comes...
111
111

R. Cott. 28
I see the plumbers are active so.... I need a plan for piping and operating the cottage heating/DHW system! Progress so far... gas supply and meter installed. Largest thermal store I can fit in the...
17
17

What do UK Power Networks require for PME?
I would expect just the meter tails and main bonding.
4
4

[OT] Glasses case
Go and see a pensioner. They will have loads of the indestructible steel ones stashed away.
11
11

OT: Android management
What do you use in the place of ES File Explorer?
54
54