Subject Author Posted Replies

speeech to text.
With eyes and fingers not what they were, I am looking into speech to text systems. This is not 'simple commands' - I want fill novel length audio typing as I am working on several books. and...
40
40

Windows 10 license pricing
I just assembled a new PC, for the first time in years to replace a "dog" of a PC I use as a backup in case of failure of my main PC. All very easy these days and quite inexpensive. I made a W10...
21
21

Air Vent Valves
Our pressurised central heating boiler is making rattling/banging noises, but only when the hot water is on but not the radiators. It sounds like air in the system; all the radiators are bled. So I...
6
6

Mains string LED lights stopped working, help
Hi I have a 30 meter set of LED lights which I painstakingly pinned up all around my home. They worked for 3 months and have now stopped working. If y ou press the function button on the control box...
3
3

Cutting Amtico vinyl tiles.
Thirty years ago was the last time that I laid an Amtico floor. I have to replace one shortly following a flood. I recall that to cut round the shape of the toilet bowl I used a Stanley knife and it...
3
3

replacement boiler needed
This is tricky because I cannot supply full details but this is the tale (of woe). I really need some informed advice here. My daughter and her family are waiting to move into a flat that was...
35
35

Replacement windows
Not a DIY question, but you lot know stuff ... We're thinking of having some windows replaced with uPVC and despite much Googling, I have some questions. We're down to two local firms, one of whom...
28
28

Miele dishwasher tripping with an F70 "leak" error
This is weird... 4 year old dishwasher tripped out with an F70 error, pump running flat out error. Water had drained and pump was just sucking air. So this usually means the drip pan bottom plate has...
2
2

T12 & T8 tubes
Yes, I'd want to remove the ballast
17
17

can i change my stannah 420 chair with another same model 420 still useing same rail
stannah 420 chair
1
1

OT: Marmite
For the Marmite fans among us: I keep meaning to communicate this good news, and forgetting. As you will know only too well, fellows fans, Unilever acquired Marmite in 2000, and some time after that,...
57
57

Maybe OT: change text in .txt doc in response to a specific change on a webpage?
As above, I use windoze but can also implement something in Ubuntu or pytho n possibly, but can anyone give any pointers how o would go about doing thi s? Basically, I i using a bot to trade...
5
5

Content
In the early days of uk.d-i-y the group was a well respected source of knowledge relating to diy jobs and how to do things. Slowly and seemingly inexorably it is/has changing into a haven for posting...
18
18

Liebherr Service Mode
Just added a new item to the Wiki, about my liebherr GN 3356 (GN3365) freezer - hope it is useful to others, as I couldn't find any service manual for this exact model on-line, but other service...
1
1

Aqualisa O-ring trouble
Replacing the cartridge in an early Aqualisa 200, but could not get the rea r o-ring out. Showerdoc is hopelessly optimistic when he says use a crochet hook. Maybe the design changed a bit later,...
24
24