Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone been to a Bunnings yet?
I've read about how they ditched all the management and the in store franchises, plus kitchens, bathrooms and stuff and just stacked up basic DIY bits and pieces. They are now in deep trouble and...
24
24

OT:Barclaycard Drivel
The Road To Hell is Paved With Good Intentions. I've got a PAYG mobile which I only use once of twice a week which otherwise sits in a drawer. It also functions as the throwaway Mobile number I use on...
17
17

Blue job
"PS Please will you try to detach hat from hoover in our room?"
11
11

Shower hoses
1/2" BSP is SBO, and tap / die set supplied by Tracy Tools by return. Unhesitatingly recommend them.
2
2

OT HS2 site entrances and muddy roads?
An awful lot of roads near me seem to have "site entrance signs" to fields and lots of mud on the road. Started about a week ago. Is this really the HS2 starting? Most roads around Hemsworth on the...
17
17

Smart meter and meter reader this AM
I have had a smart meter for yoncs, which I know is feeding regular readings back to base, but this morning had a meter reader appear at the door. The last reading the received was just the Sunday...
17
17

Free Book (copied from uk.tech.digital-tv)
Just to let people know that I have now made freely available a PDF version of the book I wrote mumble years ago on Information and Measurement. Can be obtained from The explanations use various...
4
4

Hole for rotary airer clothes drier.
I need to replace a rotary airer clothes drier. The old one fell down probably in a strong wind because the bottom of the post had corroded. The drier is in the middle of a tiled patio. There is a...
16
16

Grenfell Tower fire
Interesting read. Grenfell Tower fire - Wikipedia
5
5

Boiler recomendation - again :-) (2023 Update)
Guys, The time has come (as the walrus said) to replace the old condensing _non_-combi gas boiler. N.B. non-combi Even though I know none of the pipes will be in the right place, it will be just a...
17
17

Did extension cable
Hi guys I'm needing an extension lead as my old 1 from years back is lookin tired and old. I have plenty 1.5mm & 2.5mm grey twin & earth left over from previous property. We are in a rented property...
13
13

Bleach in a bath
The plastic splash strip under the glass (?) door of our over the bath shower is looking a bit manky. I have tried to clean it with limit success. I would like to soak it with Domestos in the bath. I...
33
33

One here Pounder will love
This is the dramatic moment a cyclist is sent flying after he collides with a car, that was turning into a police station in Dublin. The cyclist smacks into the passenger door of a Toyota.
12
12

Crowbar design
Most crowbars are like this, and utterly useless, the long end is always in the way of a wall: Let's say you're trying to remove a nail from near a corner on a ceiling, you try to hook the short end...
10
10

Floor tiles - to seal or not to seal ?
Next job in the never ending book is tiling the floor of the front extension (finished screed at the moment) and continuing along the old hall and into the shower room which are/were Khars engineered...