Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: ROFL. Siemens wind turbines as bad as Bosch dishwashers
Fortschritt durch Wichsen 500 UK offshore wind turbines need vital repairs earlier than expected in an enormous renewable energy blunder which could cost more than £500 million.
1
1

Leaking soldered joint on copper pipe
Just a quick(!) question, why would a weeping soldered fitting continue to weep at the same rate when the supply is turned off and the pressure removed (by opening a tap) ? Is this just a "They all do...
12
12

Condensate drain
Just been on my mate's garage roof, removing ice from his condensate drain. Hopeless positioning, pipe run is about 12 feet with the last foot inaccessible from inside because of overhanging eaves. I...
9
9

Combi boiler DHW oddity ?
Weather related ? Turned on HW tap in bathroom sink for first time today, and there was a reddish taint to the water for a few seconds. Some sort of suspension. All other taps seem OK. Heating is...

Gas deficit today
On the news just now... Apparently gas consumption today would be 400M cubic metres, but there's only 350M cubic metres available, so a gas deficit has been declared. This means large industrial users...
69
69

Tricity Bendix Washer AW 1400 W stopped working
Our 18 year old WM[1] refuses to run[2] any program and flashes/beeps the "End" lamp with an "error code" of 8 which isn't a listed code in the user guide. I've tried searching for answers using...
12
12

Gridwatch
The grid may not be breaking records for demand, but the number of people watching it certainly has. And the donations keep trickling in. Thanks guys (and the occasional girl)...
11
11

SOT: electric vehicle cars
I assume domestic chargers for electric vehicles are single phase. If you had access to a three phase supply could you get a better charger?
73
73

win 7 downloads
Just delete all the files in that directory Tim. Where is the download folder stored on Windows 7? Is it in the program files? document files? or is it a completely separate folder somewhere?
2
2

OT Adobe acrobat
Idly poking around my desktop (gently snowing outside) I came across a huge download file of every Acrobat pdf looked at since I changed to W7pro. I guess somewhere there must be an option to save or...
15
15

Chiming clock runs for a few minutes then stops
We have a grand-daughter clock (ie like a grandfather but only about 4 feet high) which used to run OK but only runs for a short time since we moved house. It was transported horizontally on its back....
14
14

Maplin
Just been on the news that they've collapsed. Along with Toys R Us. If you can tell the difference.
142
142

Maplin meltdown
Looks like Maplin's going down - any regrets? I've found it a bit pricey in recent years but it's good for kids gifts, cheap batteries, and some bits you need urgently.
212
212

Boiler not heating all of the RADS
I have had a Valliant ecotec 832 fitted about a year ago and have recently found that two radiators are not getting hot, or even warm, they are next t o each other in terms of piping. If I turn off...
25
25

Insulate article in Green Lib Dem website
I've just published an article about insulation etcera on the GreenLibDem website: I hope i havent made too many mistokes! George I've heard the Conservatives are cutting building regulations 'red...
78
78