Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacement combi boiler
"All modern combi boilers are much more efficient than my current 20 year old model Worcester combi boiler" "All modern combi boilers are so much more reliable than my model" "You'll show a saving of...
2
2

Reponse SL1/SL2 wireless alarm not workinf
Frien moved into house few weeks back, previous owner told them that the response sl1/sl2 alarm gad not worked fot 18 months due to all batteries need replacing including the rechargeable one in the...
1
1

Flickering LED spotlights
But not in the OPs case. The CH or fridge is not a big enough load to cause this behaviour.
6
6

Water pressure recorder
We had a Bosch washing machine that kept reporting low pressure while running. I thought it was just that machine and after a number of unrelated fails we replaced it. But now the new washing machine...
22
22

CH pressure
Dunno about high point pressure, but presumably pressure in the system generally reduces the likelihood of the boiler kettling or even of the pump impeller cavitating.
1
1

Garage floor sealing, PVA or Paving Sealer
I have an untreated concrete garage floor which I need to seal initially to glue down a threshold but generally to prevent dust from the concrete. The threshold supplier suggests a paving sealer which...
4
4

Problem with freestanding bath/shower mixer tap
We installed a freestanding bath/shower mixer tap over 12 months ago, all was fine until recently, but now when the tap has been on 'shower' mode and you turn it off, the water doesn't automatically...
2
2

Renewing electrical feed (curious)
I live on a development about 30 - 40 years old. The electricity company are laying new cables to the little substations. It is a twisted trio of red cables. I am curious as to what may have triggered...
6
6

Oops
DIY screw-up 1st vid here: funny! well, probably professional NT Redirecting...
14
14

A paint question.
I'm in the process of re-furbishing a pair of pro loudspeakers for re-sale and hopefully a vast profit. ;-) Most of the ones I've seem before are teak veneer over plywood. This pair have a factory...
15
15

BMC A series thermostat etc
Well, I finally got the old housing off, using a combination of brute force, pig ignorance and heat from a blow lamp. New one arrived and fitted. OK so far ... until the same thing happened at the...
65
65

Rapide Ultra Dismantleing
Using the trigger on the handle; when you pull the trigger to release water a piece of plastic pushes onto another piece of plastic to release water or to stop it. This is playing up, either does not...
4
4

Logging mains voltage: Arduino or Raspberry Pi?
For reasons I won't bore you with, I'm interested in building a cheap, simple data logger to monitor mains voltage, ideally two channels (live to earth and neutral to earth). In the dim and distant...
97
97

Sound and Vision Auction
Just in case anyone is interested, this is this week: *&ItemsPerPage=* A mixed lot, for sure, including a pair of Quad electrostatic loudspeakers and several old radios.

Septic Tank FAQ (was One less pigeon)
There used to be a Septic Tank FAQ on the diyFAQ at under 'Miscellaneous'. But the link no longer works, at least not for me. Many years ago there was a septic tank FAQ produced by Catherine Carter in...
6
6