Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: report from OECD Nuclear Energy group: "Full costs of electricity provision"
Havn't read it yet Electricity provision touches upon every facet of life in OECD and non-OECD countries alike, and choosing how this electricity is generated - whether from fossil fuels, nuclear...
2
2

potterton neataheat 10/16
I have a very old boiler and the air pressure switch has stopped working. British gas has said the part - no 64220403 has been obsolete for some years. I have tried several major suppliers with no...
6
6

PS2 optical cordless mouse.
My rather ancient PS2 cordless mouse has finally failed. Seems to be a problem with the optical part as the rest works. Problem is it is shared between a PC and this ancient RISCOS machine, which...
11
11

Absorbing heat?
Hi all, I have some neat extruded ally cases for my std Raspberry Pi's and I was about to put my new 3B+ in one and wondered, because it seems to get the warmest of all the Pi's so far ... if the...
18
18

3d design Software
Looking for recommendations for a (windows-based) vector software to be used for designing woodworking projects. It needs to support rectangles/round/combination of the two shapes, and have the...
10
10

Adding an ammeter to a car
Back to the Morris. I have an ammeter, 30-0-30, and the dynamo is rated 13.5v, 22 amps. Still +ve earth. What I don't have is suitable brown cable, and there seems to be a lot of conflicting advice....
25
25

Plastic Waste
For the past few days news on the plastic eating enzymes been offered as the solution for some of our plastic waste. Is anyone old enough to remember the BBC Doomwatch program where aircraft were...
23
23

dangerous advice?
"A live wire is a wire with current flowing through it. Because neutral doesn't have any current in it, but line does, you could say that line is live. This explains why that you can be shocked from...
85
85

Follow up to flexible tap connectors
Having just done the kitchen sink job I can brandish my experience.... The supplied instructions are clear; hand tighten only the *O* ring sealed male tail. There is also a 70deg.C limit on hot water...
3
3

Minimum gradient of bath/washbasin waste pipe
Our bath/washbasin waste pipe emerges through the wall and then, via an elbow, goes very slightly *uphill* for a run of a couple of feet, before another elbow joint connects to a vertical pipe to...
7
7

Downlighter hole damage
I've some downlighters set into a plasterboard ceiling and the wire springs which hold them in place have damaged the plasterboard. How do I repair the holes? Are there any inserts available that...
11
11

O.T. A question for rail enthusiasts
I'm interested to know the purpose of these things found on the walls of station platforms? I wonder if they are something to do with gradients but there are so many of them and they seem adjustable...
15
15

Anyone - Surplus Sunvic SDM 1901 actuators
Still looking for one of these please, if any of you CH engineers might happen to remove one, whilst swapping to perhaps a combi system... I have altered my heating system from using a SD 2701 (for...

Horizontal pipe, unsupported length?
How long can a horizontal section of unsupported clay pipe be before it snaps? It carries rainwater, so is never anything like full, 99% of the weight would be itself. 4 inch diameter.
12
12

Mould Removal After Leak
Hello, I unfortunately discovered a leak behind the sink in one of my bathrooms the other day. The water has had time to soak the floor where it couldn't be seen and also flow to an adjacent bedroom...
10
10