Subject Author Posted Replies

Plastering over previously wallpapered plasterboars
I have a ceiling that originally had a wallpaper covering over the plasterboard. This has been stripped off and whilst doing so some of the cardboard has been ripped off with it leaving a rough...
5
5

Coffee maker cable
I'm looking for a cable for an ancient Russell-Hobbs coffee maker, model 3010/P. The plug is similar to a standard IEC one, but has a notch opposite the earth pin to accommodate a corresponding raised...
5
5

sheet metal folders (brakes)
I need one. Manually operated, not more than £150. Must be able to fol d sheet metal 1000mm wide. Ideas or experience anyone? Bill
22
22

Spiders - How to get rid..
Massive??? You obviously don't live in Australia. :-D
9
9

killing/clearing weeds with salt (NaCl) ?
It would be wonderful to think casting salt over the earth would kill every living thing on it and in it forever, but sadly it doesn't work that way. Every poison washes out in the end. :(
16
16

Cable clamp in metal lampshade?
That's exactly it! Thanks a lot.
12
12

Standby generators and PME
I brief thought experiment involving connecting a generator frame and neutral output to an earthing stake (about 100ohm if lucky) and then opening the main service isolating switch to the house and...
6
6

Core drilling is a bit of a dusty job
Last week I core drilled a hole for an extractor fan in the gf's bathroom. Bloody hard bricks and it took me over an hour and half to drill it. There was a bit of dust for her to clean up (and a lot...
46
46

Ping Peeler
Why do you not post anything apart from stop feeding the troll posts ? You are becoming (becoming? Ed) very tiresome. At least JWS (JWK now) puts some effort into his trolls whereas you just post the...
5
5

recommended
EngelsCoachShop Published on 25 May 2018 Blacksmith forging an eye in 1.25" round bar, at normal speed, full length, just like you were sitting here watching.
2
2

Identify the purpose of
They were giving away woven shopping bags in a town centre, emblazoned with a certain bingo establishment. In the bag was a few give-aways, one of which puzzles me as to its purpose... It is a...
7
7

TOT: reminiscing about the recently deceased
I find myself thinking about Albert and Cliff, and to a lesser extent Frank, a lot these days. It doesn?t sadden me; it?s more a sort of celebration of their three brotherly beings, in my head. It?s...
2
2

Lidl has Parkside inverter generator on offer next Thursday 31st May 2018
The XYL returned from a quick shopping foray this afternoon with the latest magazine showing next week's offers which included a "Golden Oldie" first seen two years back. Said Golden Oldie (the PGI...
7
7

Workshop dust extraction (again)
I still haven't found the right round tuit to get the extraction system sorted, but it's getting closer. I recently bought a "Dust Commander" cyclone and (very much to my surprise) it's a brilliant...
4
4

New CU
Nice DIY job:-( http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/2/2b/NewCU.jpg