Subject Author Posted Replies

Where can I download a list of world cup fixture showing the date and UK time of all the matches.
Where can I download a list of world cup fixture showing the UK time of all the matches? I don't watch the world cup but I want to stick it on the wall, so I know when not to phone people. Most of the...
15
15

Cannot stop leaks of Bottom Inlet Valve
Just brought a toilet cistern Fluidmaster PRO45B bottom inlet valve. It has to fit in an ancient Tyford ceramic tank on the WC which has quite a large hole for the inlet valve to sit into and also a...
7
7

What is the plan for Grenfell?
I cannot imagine they will repair and refurbish the tower, so what are they doing with it? They have shrouded it up, but why if they are going to demolish it?
32
32

Sealing block paving
Does it work? If it does, for how long does it remain sealed and are there any recommended sealants?
10
10

whats the scam
I keep getting confirmation of bookings email from Hotels Ive never booked with. I assume there is a scam of some sort involved?
87
87

Ping: Machinists (Knurling question).
Hi, I am about to turn up some steel bearing insertion drift / tools for a friend (cycle shop) and fancied putting a knurl on the 'handle' area. I've not done any form of knurling before and with only...
13
13

Alternatives to ebay?
I'm getting increasingly fed up with ebay, having apparently been escalated to the black hole that is "Level 2 support" on one complaint, and having multiple sales blown away by non-existent zero...
19
19

Digistat SCR not connecting with drayton thermostat
Just replaced Drayton with NEW one of same model .. got hot water - If i press override 2 (learn mode) heating comes on. THEN, if I turn thermostat down heating stays on / green light stays on - only...
2
2

Tesla crashing, but why?
For brian, its a video of a tesla crashing into a test car made out of what looks like cardboard. Tesla uses radar detection doesn't it? Is the car a reflector of radar? Its not obvious that it is.
95
95

Tea Tea Oil as a Solvent?
I have a Pure One Flow Radio. This model has an odd finish, which is like a soft touch matt. After several years- I'm not sure how long I've had it- I bought it when Comet were closing down so a good...
11
11

eBac dehumidifier (again) - pictures ?
Trying to follow advice on other thread, here's what's on the side of the compressor. It's clearly not a relay - maybe a capacitor ? I notice there are lots of gubbins as shown on eBay, called...
10
10

Smart meters yet again - EON
"We need to upgrade your electricity and gas meters to our new self- reading smart meters. Why are we changing your meters? We need to install smart meters into all of our customers' homes as part of...
111
111

Oh Noes! They said it couldn't possibly be done....
The UK last week completed two more milestones in its preparations to leave the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom). On 7 June, Parliament passed the Nuclear Safeguards Bill and government...
4
4

deck building
Just watched a Wicked video, on deck building. Dig 300mm square hols 700m deep for each support ? 28 inches deep ? Really? Sounds excessive to me. Any one tried ground screws for this ?
3
3

Screw covers.
Those push on covers for CSK Pozi screws as found on some kitchen cabinets, etc. The smaller of the two commonly available, so about 12mm diameter. Loads on Ebay, but not the colour I need - dark...
10
10