Subject Author Posted Replies

Converting a lock to thumbturn
I've recently changed a Euro cylinder in a back door to one with a thumb turn on the inside so that the occupants can get out more easily in the event of fire and this set me wondering about some...
3
3

Wallpaper seams
I need to stick down some wallpaper seams abouve a radiator. Not keep on the special stuff as it is quite thick and makes a ridge. Any recommendations? I assume ordinary paste may not soak into the...
2
2

Electric shock - why?
I'm after a bit of advice as to why I've just got an electric shock. i have an old but quality lathe with a seperate switch with on/off buttons. The switch has a metal case. The live wire from the...
12
12

Ebay again
Sorry to raise this again, and even more sorry not to have anything positive to say, but......... I'm afraid that my previous message here about alternatives to ebay threw up nothing that got me...
21
21

Blanket weed
Is there a 100% cure for blankit weed in a garden pond
11
11

Renewing grout between shower tiles
The waterproof grout between our shower tiles needs renewing. I remember doing a small area behind the kitchen cooker once, and it was a night-mare of a job. I bought a hand tool from off E-bay to...
9
9

Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri fault?
The blue LED on our 24Ri started flashing earlier, at first quickly and then, later, slowly. It cleared when I reset the boiler but I'm interested to know what the two different flashing rates meant....
9
9

OT royal mail postage stamp being reused
I had a stamp stuck on an envelope that was not Franked and so thought had never been used. So i cut around it and stuck it to a new envelope and posted it. but i got a note from the post office that...
18
18

Does a tyre change its CIRCUMFERENCE when underinflated?
Answer. not by very much, if at all. This seems to be a perpetual urban myth. It tyre pressure sensors are using this, it has to be a very very complicated bit of software to detect - say - less than...
334
334

Zapper
The remote on my Panasonic smart large screen TV has been a bit iffy for a while. Only about 3 years old - and not as much use as some. It seemed to be mainly the most used buttons. Others still...
33
33

Airbags at Lidl
Lidl have packs of two airbags like WinBags They are £7 or 8 for two and seem better than WinBags in that you can control the air via a screw rather than a button, which is much better if y ou want...
12
12

Next door machinery vibration
I've ended up moving next to a woodworking enthusiast. Although our properties (bungalows) are detached his garage is right next to (like within an inch or two) of my office/spare bedroom extension....
33
33

Timber door/window manufacturers - any recommendations?
Our builder is suggesting he makes all the doors/windows himself for £££ or buy them in for only ££. Can anyone suggest a decent commercial manufacturer? It will include a pair of casement garage...
4
4

O.T. tyre pressure sensors - how do they work?
I understand some new cars can tell you when their tyres need inflating? How do they work? Is there some kind of pressure sensor inside the tyre that communicates wirelessly with the car's systems?
39
39

Glyphosate and neighbours
Two of my neighbours object to the use of glyphosate. Can I tell them I have bought the special organic version - it's made of organophosphorus :-) There again, in seven days time I could just tell...
42
42