Subject Author Posted Replies

Delivery reports on text messages
For a text (SMS) message "delivered" shows that receipt of the message has been acknowledged by the network and the phone concerned. It cannot show that the message has been opened by the owner of the...
5
5

Press control Watertech help please
I have a high powered water pump that I use to pump water from a large rain water container. It is connected via the device above. the press control has packed in. I am unable to ascertain the correct...

New wiki update
We have updated the mediawiki version to the latest 1.31 Although most of the changes are "behind the scenes"[1], one of the significant ones is that it includes much better integration of the "math"...

Toilet intermittent constant flush
Hi all, I have a toilet with a button push flush on the top. Every now and again, when you flush it, it continues to run water into the bowl after the main flush. This continues until you press the...
4
4

Adjusting a TV
This is probably blindingly obvious to some, but wasn't to me ... We have an ordinary flat screen TV which receives little use, but looks OK when it is used, until I started watching world cup games,...
27
27

How flexible is floor paint?
Hi All, I have a small Zodiac inflatable dinghy (C260 'Roller') and there are a couple of bits I need to do on it. 1) The centre thwart (ply of some sort) could do with a re-paint. It's not bad but...
5
5

Sony VTX-D800U
It's an elderly FreeView tuner. Have a few used only for radio. One has failed. The TOP 244Y chip has blown apart. Think it is basically just the on/off switch on the DC side. Nothing else looks...
5
5

Sagging Ceiling ?
I have a ceiling which sags 4 inches in the middle of a 4m x 4m room. I have stripped the old plaster and stiffened it from above, but is it worth the hassle of straightening it underneath? Would I...
8
8

Damn fool electrical questions
We have a combined heat and light unit in the bathroom that has failed. One of these. It's a pretty ancient and lethal design, but apparently it's approved for Zone 3 in the bathroom. This particular...
33
33

Sony Digicube Clock Radio
Old but still working - analogue radio, The time display is not as bright as it was - green fuorescent. Can it be tweaked up a bit?
23
23

BBC iPlayer HD problem
I distinctly recall that BBC iPlayer used to allow live "watch in HD" as an option for BBC1 in the recent past but it seems to have vanished with this new "improved" login with your ID crap. Where has...
32
32

Plumbing
OK so I have finally reached the coupling up the basin taps stage. Sadly the advance purchase of 15mm cu to 1/2" tap are all female fittings where the poxy flexible tails need male couplers. I think...
15
15

TOT: words of wisdom or despicable prejudice?
I asked one of the local farmers about the rat problem. He said, "First thing is, make sure you aren't feeding 'em. If they can get at the hen food or owt you'll always have 'em. Yer see, they're like...
11
11

Weeding part 2
This follows my earlier posting about glyphosate (and neighbours). I have now cleared most of the weeds so how can I keep the ground clear meantime? I believe glyphosate works on green leaves so would...
34
34

'Cast' kitchen doors
I'm trying to find the name for a type of kitchen cupboard door. They're made of chipboard, but then have a plastic surface moulded around them - as if the chipboard has been put in a mould and...
3
3