Subject Author Posted Replies

Lidl Quodrocopter drone...
My ?7.50 Lidle drone just flew away and is lost ... :(
4
4

OT - Utter F*****g madness
Possibly a legal requirement? Some footpaths in Derbyshire have a collection box for tolls, the money is trifling and one box I used looked like it had been open for years. I believe allowing people...
11
11

Volvo C70 rear brake pads
Volvo C70 mk 2 2006 - changing rear brake pads. The last time I changed brake pads was about 40 years ago on my MGB, and things seem more complicated now. I've got the wheel and caliper off, but I...
1
1

cleaning the cooker
For badly burned on food in pans I use an abrasive brush in my drill. It is slightly abrasive, it may scratch the enamel. Very quick and effective with the pan. are also angle grinder versions
49
49

Glyphosate and neigbours revisited
The glyphosate saga ended well. One of the neighbours asked what I had done in the garden. I said I had just put down some basic weedkiller to make a start on tackling the weeds. Another neighbour...
11
11

TOT: my car
My petrol car seems to behave like a diesel. I have just gone up a hill in third gear that is too steep to cycle up. Does this suggest unusual gearing ratios? (Or bad driving on my part!) The car is a...
41
41

Baxi bermuda pw5
Is there a new one available or one that superseeds this
1
1

Window woodwork/mouldings - where to buy? (or even complete windows)
We have wooden windows which we want to keep. The frames are in the main quite sound but we have a couple of opening windows where the wood holding the glass needs replacing. So, where can I buy...
18
18

Removing euro cylinder
A neighbour's front door can't be locked(1) - the key goes in easily but won't turn. I have spare cylinders of the right size (not available from the sheds, TS, SF etc.) from when I changed my locks...
24
24

SOT: An Amazon trick
I think we know the ideas we just don't like it. I picked the stuff off of the shelves, usually the heavest first in the bot tom of the trolly or more usualy basket so I donl;t squash the more delicat...
104
104

Extractor fan through roof tiles Q.
Having got my "roof feet" in June (and having to wait until last week to know it was a success) the next project up there looks like being one to take the output of the bathroom and cloakroom...
3
3

Pendulum clock runs *fast* in hot weather
But, but... CoG would be a first-order effect, and drag and viscosity of air or lubricant an second order-effect? Thomas Prufer
82
82

Wooden worktop by sink with water staining - any way to revive?
Getting closer and close to our son being a home owner. In the kitchen there is a nice wood worktop which has turned black around the sink. Yes, it was a rental property. Looks like a wood block work...
13
13

B&Q Diamond Card
B&Q must be struggling. I've just received an email saying that from 3 September the Wednesday Diamond Card discount (10%) will be restricted gardening products. Instead, they say, they will be...
8
8

2 pin shuttered electrical socket belgium
I am trying to put back a 2 pin plug into a European socket (Belgium). The live and neutral seem to be shuttered and the earth is a round pin that com es out of the socket. I have applied some force...
8
8