Subject Author Posted Replies

Syringes
This may be the most stupid question here this year. I bought a reel of solder from our Asian friends, and discovered it had no flux cores. So, found a set of 12 pieces of gel solder flux at a bargain...
16
16

handle missing
I have a pressure sprayer (backpack) There should be a push on polyurethane (or rubber) handle on the end of the metal arm ...... but it has been lost. The bar is 16.4mm diameter ( probably imperial...
12
12

Best trade emulsion?
A while since we painted anything, but we used to get a 10 litre bucket from Ridgeons which was recommended by local trades. I think it was Armstead which is apparently owned by Dulux. Currently in...
16
16

Samsung Galaxy.
Have a Samsung Galaxy 5 phone. Not really a phone nut, but it has a decent camera. Just recently it's started showing a pretty picture saying good night when plugged in for its overnight charge. Then...
12
12

Sealing a closure plate (above a wood burner) to surrounding brickwork
When we fitted a wood burner to an old chimney we had a liner fitted but the closure plate has got gaps around the edge because of uneven brickwork, so small amounts of crud keep appearing on top of...
2
2

LOT20 storage heaters , old systems and changing a storage heater - anyone up on this?
I am losing the will to live. I have looked across the internet and found a lmost nothing expect the usual suspects over and again - all with their eco agendas. The problem is simple ( or should be)...
46
46

Safe disposal of two old spec patio doors.
Just done a DIY installation of pair of French Doors. Now looking for a safe, legal way to dispose of two patio doors 4' wide and wood/aluminium framing. Am 80 years old pensioner seeking assistance...
6
6

Machine Mart rant
Does anyone actually buy stuff from Machine Mart? So I'm googling around for a tool, and I find something at a plausible price from Machine Mart. OK, let's see if the local branch has stock. Oh, you...
9
9

OT svhs camcorder no switching on
There is so much expertise on this group I hope someone might be able to help me with this. During a clearout today I came across a Mitsubish C35 SVHS camcorder and all it's gubbins including a number...
8
8

Roughly screeded floor
I shouldn't have tried it during the hot days last week. It had to be mixed and poured in sections and being fast curing and the weather ended up a bit uneven. I am hoping to rent a floor grinder...
3
3

Roofing Materials
The Victorian houses around here were build 125+ years ago for working men and their families. The slates used weren't of the quality you'd expect to find on a Gentleman's London residence[1]. After...
16
16

The holiday has got off to a good start
Gfs front door will not lock and the cat fucked off just as I was about to take it to the cattery. We were supposed to leave at 8.
48
48

Temporary bathroom
We are trying to find options for someone who is presently living on the couch in our main living room. On discharge from hospital she was told she could walk by the physios, and we live in hope that...
23
23

Small HW cylinder
I'm looking for a HW cylinder/tank that can fit through an opening 25" x 23 " x 26" high maximum. I assume the job will need more than one to get enoug h volume. No, I don't want to convert to a...
11
11

fault finding procedure has unexpected end
I have two rear-view cameras on the motorhome. On a recent long journey the picture from the one that looks straight back started to flicker. The fault had been there for ages, but it hadn't been very...
13
13