Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping ultrasonic cleaner gurus ...
Hi all, A while back I was given an old but potentially functional ultrasonic cleaner. How much! ;-( It seems to work in that it powers up and makes plenty of noise and does make some holes in silver...
6
6

Very fine hose clips?
Hi all, I have used some very fine, stainless steel, Jubilee style 'worm drive hose clamp' on smaller hoses (~10mm OD) but can't seem to find them again? ;-( I have access to plenty of different type...
18
18

OT HS2
Disgraced ex-boss of collapsed Carillion appointed by Tory-backed firm to oversee major HS2 contract | Evolve Politics
1
1

Something inside my loo pipe
On at least 3 occasions now I have heard a scraping scrabbling noise coming from the corner of the house where the internal foul stack is. It sounds like a bird or animal with claws, inside and trying...
31
31

ebay discount today
15% off most purchases over £20, T&C apply etc

Unearthed IEC lead.
I've just cut a bog standard IEC power lead with moulded plugs so I can shorten it. There is no earth wire, and no indication that there is no earth wire. I'm aware that most things don't use the...
60
60

Shed of the Year 2018
Some of these are better than my house! A floating shed packed with musical instruments, a vintage taxi, and a luxurious yurt all feature in this year's Shed of the Year shortlist. Created by...
4
4

Unvented system confusion.
OK I thought I had got my head round unvented systems but clearly not. and having looked at the wiki and several web pages havn't cleared things up. If I have an unvented system and I need to bleed a...
34
34

Metal cable clips
When I learned about electrical installation, all there were were metal buckles and then came these plastic clips. ;-)
14
14

Protecting CU tails - possibly one for ARW
I need to install a second CU on the opposite side of an inner (cavity) wall to the side that has the: meter, isolator switch, Henley block and existing CU. Once the new CU is in place I'll be...
49
49

DIY: Does PU foam react with PVC cables
I need to block up some holes through which some cables pass through, PU foam would be a quick and dirty way to do it. I was just wondering if PU reacts with PVC similarly to polystyrene? Richard
3
3

Suggestions for a gutter dam
For reasons I've talked about before on here I need to backflow some water from the bungalow's gutters (they run from the back to the front) to fill the water butts in the back. Thus far I've been...
7
7

Combi boiler condensate drain - just dripping down an outside wall.
The ancient Radiant combi is mounted on an outside wall, and there is a copper pipe (I assume the condensate drain) sticking out of the wall with a downwards bend which is more or les constantly...
15
15

Probable calls for help - urgent fixes for recently purchased property.
Not mine, but a family member. Just a heads up that I am likely to flood the group with posts over the next few days asking for advice about fixing stuff. Which will (I hope) be amazingly on topic....
6
6

Cancel Guarduan Subscription
A new card? That's a crazy solution. Have you been drinking? And how far do you expect that to get?
58
58