Subject Author Posted Replies

Cable, pipe, stud finder - recommendations?
Looking at the moment and as usual Amazon has a mix of 1* (doesn't worj) and 5* (want to have its' kids) reviews so not much help there. Are they all of a muchness or should I go for a known name?...
10
10

Who are 'insight' mail.
An Ebay parcel has been sent tracked, via INSIGHT, except I cannot find a mail company or website under that name.
4
4

BT NTE5 in std wall box?
Just checking as I don't have ADSL here ... Would a std / current BT NTE fit the screw mounts on a std surface / recessed back box (I'm thinking it should)? Would BT fit their NTE onto a existing back...
3
3

Cheap External Rubish Chute
Hi, I live on the top floor of a 4 story building. I would like to install som e sort of chute on the outside wall that would allow me to throw rubbish ou t of the window into a waiting wheelie bin...
15
15

Repairing Graco cordless air sprayer
Hi all I am trying to fix my Graco cordless air sprayer and was wondering whether anyone has had any exoerience of these and how they are supposed to work? When I pull the trigger, the motor runs etc...
2
2

Broken gear wheel
The above image shows a broken gear I likely tp obtain a replacement off the shelf ? If so how do I define what I need and where would I look ? Many thanks for all help offered
12
12

Building control, what's the point?
Bought a premises recently, sat in the solicitors 5 months in, turns out there's no building control sign off on work that has been done but it's 'OK' because they've arranged an indemnity policy in...
6
6

OT: Post office.
Should have received a small package by second class letter post over a week ago. If I was out, my excellent postie usually leaves a card. But I get a lot of junk leaflets etc, so could have missed...
10
10

TOT Bluebell hill transmitter
Is anyone in here aware of any problems with the Bluebell Hill (freeview) transmitter. Currently I don't seem to be getting transmissions from Bluebell Hill on 2 devices. I don't think there is a...
1
1

Linear halogen bulbs
If anybody is interested Sainsbury's are selling off their stock of own-brand R7s linear halogen bulbs. Both 78mm (120W) and 118mm (400W) were on sale for 20p each in our local branch this morning.
10
10

OT: Aero Engineering (Wings & Wheels, Dunsfold)
I was lucky enough to be treated to a day out on Saturday at the 'Wings and Wheels' show at Dunsfold and a curry (and a couple of Cobras) afterwards. ;-) I'm not megga interested in aviation other...
14
14

OT and frivolous
I spend some spare time playing freecell. There are spells where I whip through the solutions, others where I keep hitting a brick wall. Is it that my ability varies or does freecell difficulty vary?
7
7

Tyre numbers
I am trying to sort out some trailer tyres. The current tyres have cracks in the sidewalls and are starting to get rust on the hubs. Before I rang the local tyre place I thought I would get some...
9
9

OTish: Sailing icebergs to Africa ?
Not a new idea and it's not that easy. You have to cope with the Coriolis forces amongst others. Icebergs as a Fresh-Water Source: An Appraisal* - Volume 12 Issue 65
20
20

Using OSB for flooring ... ?
I've seen conflicting information about whether 18mm OSB can be used for flooring in dry areas. Having removed some "back" (servants!) stairs I've got a hole, between the ground and first floor, to...
9
9