Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: telling
From Twitter today - an author who went to a discussion between Jezza and Varoufakis at the Edinburgh Int'l Book Festival: "I've always felt Corbyn is maligned by the mainstream media, so I went to...
6

twice bent garden fork
I bent a tine on my garden fork whilst abusing it years ago. Straightened it in the vice and used it gently since. I caught it on a stone the other week and bent the tine again, without enough force...
3
3

Screwfix Turbo Ultra - discontinued? (But not in Germany)
I have just noticed that Screwfix seem to have discontinued their "Turbo Ultra* range of stainless steel screws and they really don't seem to have anything to replace them. I know they're not perfect...
1
1

SOT : Car central locking repair.
My '04 Xsara Picasso has a fault with the central locking. For some time the remote hasn't worked, but that's no biggie, the car isn't used much. Now, however, even using the key one rear door and the...
24
24

The Ikea kitchen sink plumbing thread - with a strong hint of cowboy
Pictures to follow, but I thought I would get the ball rolling. The waste pipe from the sink is leaking. On close inspection there is a flexible pipe leading outside which joins into a compression 90...
14
14

uk.diyfaq.org?
Googled to find the right site and got what looked like a good resilt but it won't load at the moment. Dumb bunny moment, something weird with new Virgin connection, or site down?
7
7

Removing granite worktop
Hi all Some friends have moved into a new house some time ago and their integrated dishwasher has recently failed. Cutting a long story short it transpires t hat the precious owner has fitted very...
12
12

Cold water tank rubber valve replacement
Our cold water tank has started overflowing, so this morning, up in the loft, water off, partially drained cold tank, removed end cap from valve, removed split pin, wiggled the float arm out and...
6
6

Paint for Ply
I've got to the point where I'm considering painting the ply cladding in my new man cave (completion is in sight - we're wk20 of a 12wk build, doubtless due to all the rain we had this year) Will...
5
5

Remove Arrone door handle
Does anyone know how to remove this type of door handle (Arrone)? I've removed the grub screws on both sides, and was expecting the handle to just slide off the square shaft, but after an hour trying,...
11
11

Coconut oil - killing lawn ?
Finally got round to cutting the lawn(s) - first time in 8 weeks. Noticed a coupled of smallish odd brown patches on the back lawn. The placing of them seems to be where I've once or twice spat out...
8
8

Halfords
There was a time when you could go to Halfords for a thermostat ....but not any more...I'm just ordering it on line right now......
18
18

OT LMAO -drift racing in Liverpool
In an age where inner city pollution is used as a means of extorting money from car drivers, we bring you drift racing in Liverpool. From what I've just seen on BBC1, the road surfaces are pretty well...
6
6

Yawn, another meter question
They are being advertised on TV as saving electricity. Now we all know that adverts are all accurate and never lie. But how exactly do they save electric? Or do they mean that customers can use the...
52
52

Patient access ...
I see the new improved patient access is not working again....does anything DIGITAL work ? ...
14
14