Subject Author Posted Replies

Cottage jobs
Approaching the end....sigh! I have a similar problem to the CU tails issue discussed elsewhere. Sparkly has brought the tails though the outside wall, below worktop height and then surface mount to...
40
40

Door chains - security
So apparently would be screws if the pikey kicked my front door. But, a glued chain lock would allow me to open the front door only slightly, rather than fully.
33
33

Bath/shower mixer taps - minimum operating head?
HI All We have one of the 'classic' style bathroom tap/shower setups - where you move a lever from left to right to select either 'bath fill' or 'shower' - the shower head being on a flexible hose....
2
2

bathroom sink overflow trim white
Anyone know where I can get the above, plenty available in `chrome` Problem is over time the odd drip tarnishes the current chrome one and stains the sink (probably cheap chrome covered plastic). Have...

Connecting a new gas cooker
I'm buying a new gas cooker and Currys want to charge me £85 for connecting it up. In the past I've simply unfastened the bayonet coupling of the old cooker and coupled up the replacement. Is there...
16
16

OT Printer recs
Usage : About 10 black and white prints per week. Computer : 8 year old Dell Vostro 430. 32 bit. Win 7 Hi, I'm a very non-techy pensioner, looking for a cheap printer that's easy to install. I'd...
31
31

Self leveling floor preparation
I want to do something with our small bathroom floor - sheet - or strip vinyl maybe. I really don't want to add the thckness of plywood over the tongue and groove. Is there any sort of semi flexible...
2
2

Apprentice
We've had an apprentice in this week. He fainted on Monday morning, presumably due to the pressure of being on his feet/awake/taking in info. He flooded the place out on Wed. And he doesn't eat his...
16
16

DIY type tricks/bright ideas
Some not so good, some old, some quite useful. Subscribe to 5-Minute Crafts: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC  For copyright matters please contact us at: welcome@brightside.me...

Smithers, pass me the Numbr 5 Twatting Iron
I fancy a game of brick. Much to my relief, after drilling some guide holes through from the inside for location purposes a judicious mix of the cordless SDS to drill extra holes and the corded SDS...
12
12

What would you do ?
I'd ask you an awful lot more questions, before advising you. What sort of policy is this with variable premiums? How competitive is it compared with a new policy? Why do you need it at all?
18
18

Another dumb assumption - SDS chisel length
I assumed the 250mm would be the reach of the chisel, not a reach of about 200mm after fitting into the drill. Now searching for a chisel longer than 250mm which will fit SDS plus. At the moment the...
9
9

Shelving
I'm about to order twin slot brackets for 18mm chipboard shelving in the new larder. Anyone care to suggest support intervals? 12mm ply walls so I'm not restricted to the studs. Difficult to guess the...
24
24

ISP speed adjusting praticality
I have just this week moved to fibre (well VDSL), from ADSL. On ADSL I was connecting at 18Mbs, speedtest at around fairly consistent 16Mbs. I was moved in the early hours of Tuesday morning, since...
11
11

Screwfix
Grrr. Website gives no info on stock levels, and have gotten rather fed up with them not having stuff in. So phoned the number to check. No, not stock ed in any of the stores anywhere near. Now: this...
14
14