Subject Author Posted Replies

Bridge Rectifiers
Certainly sounds rather nasty. Firstly though might need to know what drove one leg to destruction? Also be very mindful of any electrolytic capacitors on that supply this sort of thing can spell...
9
9

Well OT - expected life of public buildings; leisure/sports centre
Nah. That was either the U2 or the Lockheed lightning
55
55

removing glued down flooring
My new house has a kitchen where the floor has been glued down across the whole area with adhesive (looks like evostick, but I guess it's a commercial version). As I try and pull the old floor up it...
10
10

When were aerated breeze blocks first used?
I'm trying to date some work on a house (c1920), specifically a dividing wall in the attic space between two semis. It's been made of quite new-looking aerated blocks - the ones with the zig-zag...
27
27

Cheap but effective alternatives to Roundup
I need to kill off both grass and weeds from a rather weedy lawn roughly about 25m2 and would appreciate any recommendations. Richard
21
21

Stone/Brick/Concrete Screws
Hi all, Only just found out about this type, which the manufacturers claim require no plastic plug. It seems you just drive them naked into stuff like breeze blocks and whatnot (still have to drill a...
20
20

Cyclists waste petrol
Just as bad.
36
36

OT: John Lewis ad.
If you've not seen it (sorry Brian) look out for it. Bohemian Rhapsody. Quite the best ad I've seen in years - and not even Xmas.
42
42

Cutting softboard
What's the best way of cutting softboard? I want to end up with a nice clean edge, but I can imagine a saw might just rip it to pieces. Should I use a Stanley knife or similar, and make repeated cuts,...
11
11

"Trade paint"
what does trade paint mean ?....better than consumer paint or what? ....
14
14

Glossing straight over Zinsser BIN.
I am doing an outside painting job, mostly windows previously painted white with undercoat/gloss mostly in good condition. I usually use Dulux Weathershield undercoat and gloss but the customer has...
3
3

Electric fences?
Understood. Daughter has three rabbits atm. A small albino hare looking thing, a medium sized 'Lion Head' and a larger 'lop' with helicopter ears (that was rescued from a breeder by the RSPCA). If the...
43
43

Outdoor vacuum cleaner
Google is being rather unhelpful today. I'm after getting something looking like a Henry, but bagless, that I can drag around outdoors and vacuum up pine needles from paved areas. It would also be...
27
27

OT: Viewpoint: Demystifying radiation - the nemesis of nuclear energy?
From: Reports by the United Nations on ionizing radiation may prove crucial for a nuclear renaissance, Abel González told delegates at the World Nuclear Association Symposium being held in London...
11
11

how does this undo?
In article , Tim+ wrote: Just choose Undo on the edit menu.
28
28