Subject Author Posted Replies

Used cars
A while ago I happened upon a website which aggregated used cars available around the country and showed how each compared with their "guide price". I didn't save the site, and have not found it...
5
5

Old film 1940's bricklayers
The ears would all be stuffed withearpones and somebody would be on their phone? Brian
15
15

OTT Hallmark ID
Exact match, thank you very much!
3
3

Jaguar Land Rover
Which the UK has not publicly announced for fear of upsetting the EU and sending it into another temper tantrum.
79
79

3d scanning and printing
Anyone able to recommend a company who offers both these services ? Any here in he U.K. is fine

victorian downpipe joints
Should the top part of a cast iron down pipe sit loosely within the lower part of the pipe? The lower part of the pipe has been raised above the drain but should flow down into the drain: should we...
3
3

Electrical
How to wire a PIR?
1
1

UV protection ...
That is correct. If you leave the orange stuff in the sun, it turns white and goes brittle. The grey/black/brown is uPVC plastic The orange is polypropelene.
1
1

Australia's drought could produce a corker vintage
Australia's drought could produce a corker vintage by Tom Westbrook, Jonathan Barrett, SEP 7, 2018, Reuters GRIFFITH/BAROSSA, Australia (Reuters) - If Australia?s big dry has a silver lining, it?ll be...

Way, way OT - shortest A road? England, Britain or the UK wil do.
Just noticed that there is a very short A road near to me, probably the remnant of a much longer A road which has been chopped by additions and renumberings. Starts at a roundabout with a newer cut...
7
7

NC - someone remind me please.
1. Bimetal wallstats are/were used for cooling as well as heating. 2. The other contact can be used to redirect electrickery to heating water if it's a room stat, or vice versa. NT
23
23

corrugated plastic shed roof
I built a shed about 10 or 11 years ago with a sloped roof made of the corrugated clear plastic from Wickes. A few days ago, while putting a ladder away in the shed, I banged the roof & made an...
10
10

Myford ML8 wood lathe: chuck?
Hello all. Just acquired a Myford ML8 as my first lathe (never used a lathe before). I t came with face plates and the spiky end to the headstock centre, but no c huck. How important/useful is a chuck...
2
2

Tiled floor removal
I'm currently taking up the tiled floor in the kitchen and it's turning int o quite a struggle. I need to get back to the T&G plank below the tiles and sub-layer of ply-board. I've removed all the...
9
9

Burying ethernet cable with armoured mains to shed
Duct colour, depth, etc all seems a bit woolly no matter the location. You might find Vol:1 on this page interesting: *Please note that the NJUG UK Volume 2 PublicationĀ isĀ under review and the new...
35
35