Subject Author Posted Replies

Installing shower
I have had a long lecture from someone who has seen a video online showing a shower being fitted. That includes testing the output temperature with a thermometer. In practice, does anyone ever do...
9
9

TomTom START 52
I bought one of these units and the internal battery is utterly useless. I have read that this is a known issue (along with slow operation). I expect TomTom would say it is not designed to be run off...
36
36

Increasing flame size on main gas ring
I have a rangemaster cooker, works fine except the main central gas flame i s pretty pathetic and feeble. It?s always been this way and I am ge tting fed up with the inability to make a decent stir...
7
7

Aldi batteries compatible with DeWalt
Hi all A friend mentioned to me that the Aldi 18v batteries on this are compatible with DeWalt batteries. Has anyone tried this? Thanks Lee. Looking for a drill that covers everything? This...
5
5

Cleaning grout
Hi all We have some stained grout in the shower area and despite scrubbing it and using bleech/ bi cardonate of soda (from searching the web) nothing will shift it. Anyone have any top tips? Thanks...
7
7

OT: Beluga Wale found in Thames
Yet more undeniable evidence that the waters around our coasts are cooling and the climate-warming/raise-taxes scaremongers are a pack of filthy liars.
5
5

Hot water cylinder insulation
For under a tenner, and with bank interest rates so low, it's hardly a big decision. Owain
16
16

RAM kitchen hinges
Who was it that was looking for replacements?

cordless VOIP phone
Anyone got recommendations for cordless VOIP phones, Or adaptors to plug in an analogue cordless phone? Iain
22
22

Rat and mouse proofing electric wires
There are rats and mice in the cellar and maybe between floors, how can i p rotect the new electrical cables from them? Straight runs and corners. I've read that " Mice cannot chew through plastic and...
9
9

OT: Safe win 7 download?
I've a PC with a W7 license on it, I installed Ubuntu on it instead. I now need a W7 installation, you can't download from MS if it's not a retail license so.... Does anyone know of a safe W7 ISO...
2
2

EPC dubious results
Through selling my mothers house I have had the amusement of seeing one of the new EPC certificates that every house must have when sold. The results are "interesting". The inspector completely missed...
5
5

Recs for Extension lead please
induction doesn't happen to any significant extent, and if it did it wouldn 't cause heating. Why? Each bit of flex has currents flowing in equal and o pposite directions. NT
25
25

Best 'waggle' saw to buy for diy
You know what I mean, those saws that vibrate back and forth and] allow you to cut square holes in a piece of wood, or remove a strip from the bottom of a skirting board with it in situ. There is one...
9
9

Honeywell CM927
Have had aCM927 since 2010, the display was missing digits after a few years then surprisingly returned. They 'have gone again. Messaged the company who have offered a £25 discount but I am tempted...
1
1