Subject Author Posted Replies

Carpet fitting - felt backed
I have a 3m x 4m bedroom to carpet at a relatively low cost. I'm looking at a "heavy domestic" quality felt backed carpet at around £8 square metre (a better quality than the felt backed carpet the...
12
12

Drill bit for polycarbonate sheet
I've a need coming up to drill a dozen or so holes for screws in 2mm solid polycarbonate sheet - say 6mm holes for 4mm screws. But what drill bit should I use? Suggestions based on experience would be...
24
24

what type of thermostat should I buy
Hi, I have a property into which I am having a replacement (combi) CH boiler fitted Currently there is a basic wired thermostat in the hallway, at the end of a less than (ascetically) ideal wiring...
26
26

Chasing a fault
So, the kitchen lights tripped. OK, it must be another of those LED downlights blown, I'll reset and see what is out. No, still trips. Remove all eight lights, still trips. OK, must be the movement...
12
12

Sewage Treatment facility photos, 1969, Bolton, Bury, Manchester, UK
Sewage Treatment facility photos, 1969, Bolton, Bury, Manchester, UK Sewage Treatment facility photos, 1969, London, Crossness Pumping Station Sewage Treatment facility photos, 1969, Glasgow, Simplex...

DTV server, RRi DTV 'Hat' not seen?
Hi all, I've just got a DTV 'Hat' for my Raspberry Pi 3B+, downloaded, installed and updated Rasbian and installed the tvheadend software. However, during the setup Wizard it's supposed to show the...
46
46

Wall fixings
I have found a number of something like an wall anchor of a type I not seen before, found on a shelf in my workshop, from long ago and a forgotten purpose. Unlike a Rawlbolt, they lack a screw thread,...
2
2

B&Q leyland paint
Nine tenths of the way through a painting job I ran out of paint so a quick trip to B&Q 5 minutes away and I returned with a 10l plastic tub of Leyland white silk emulsion (£16) I don't know how long...
3
3

OT Is right now the time to downsize?
Your house that is.
2
2

Demise of the chest freezer?
I just took my expired chest freezer (as in double the size of a washing machine) to the dump, and was accused of it being commercial. Do people not use these things anymore?
65
65

Replacement battery for bosch electric drill
I can there are lots of options for third party replacements from amazon. Anyone have good/bad experiences of any brands? E.g. akpower, or REEXBON. Thanks
2
2

bloody digital
hard day on network radio with all that packet latency lag and gaps .....
13
13

paint problem
I'm repainting woodwork inside a 1928 house. Some of the interior white gloss is certainly more than 35 years old, possibly much more. I'm stripping it in case there's lead in the paint. Some of the...
5
5

Old style fuse carrier colours and ratings
Just having a quick look at this to try and identify circuits from the colour of the fuses (cartridge or wire, not sure which). I know these are getting less common as time goes on, but it would be...
12
12

nissan leaf again
Oh no, no more perpetual motion machine threads please! I guess you could have a wind turbine a water wheel and some solar cells while you were at it. Brian
64
64