Subject Author Posted Replies

PC Speaker recommendations
Any recommendations? I have a £50ish budget in mind.
38
38

[OT] More on green cars
Plug-in hybrids bought for fleets with subsidies may never have been charged, research for BBC shows.
34
34

OT Book review.
https://www.ukipdaily.com/book-review-just-a-child/

Dangerous eBay advert
This is advertised as being suitable for outdoor / under water use. Just looks like a Henley Block to me and would be lethal under water ! Horrifying what people do sometimes ! Andrew
11
11

Extremely poor quality home insulation
From a report on BBC Radio 4 Today program this morning, it seems that (if I heard correctly) some 800,000 homes which were insulated for free by the energy companies in last 10 years have been done...
28
28

hello all. i am serwesen
Hmm. Its me again. I am serwesen from Chinese.
4
4

[OT] Now there really is no need for the BBC
Sir David, who has been at the BBC for more than 60 years, will narrate a blockbuster eight-part series called Our Planet for Netflix that premieres in April next year in more than 190 countries.
20
20

Clamp together waterproof box ?
External I/P cameras have a short umbilical cord with a power connector, a reset button, and a CAT5 socket, all too short to get into a building and are thus exposed to the rain etc. Up until now I've...
13
13

Tenanted property inspections
I was having a chat with my daughter yesterday about tenanted property inspections. I thought that, these days, the landlord had to have annual inspections for both gas a electrical safety. However,...
5
5

old drawing
So I have this 18 year old, badly faded print of an A2 architects garage design. Probably CAD but the architect has now no means of producing fresh copies. I submitted a photo (jpeg) to planning in...
50
50

Basic painting advice
Refresh of interior woodwork; Skirting, door frames etc. Currently basically sound but last painted white over 20 years ago, so now somewhat off-white. In living room with no smokers, so no staining...
13
13

OT: More National Grid woes
EasyJet plans to fly electric passenger jets by 2027 Charged EVs | EasyJet plans to fly electric passenger jets by 2027
56
56

best tool for this job?
I am faced with masking filling and sanding plater/filler between oak beams that have shrink Its proving a monumental task, esp. the sanding Mt orbital sander tears the masking tape and its prone to...
72
72

Hive Installation
I've just installed a Hive system. Installing it was far easier than actually getting the system delivered. Amazon totally lost the first one- don't ask me how. The replacement turned up this morning,...
13
13

Drayton Wiser Firmware updates
Folks, Has any one with a Drayton Wiser system managed to get the firmware in the Radiator Heads to update. I bought two from amazon which seem to be V0.10.12 and two from screwfix which seem to be...
5
5