Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Today's auction
"A pallet containing boxed unused mobility scooter walking stick holders". Somebody must want them. There's a duplicate a few lots down, too. Offers, anyone? Deadstock Meadow Sale | TW Gaze Deadstock...
5
5

Must some electric clips must be metal? wiki update?
Must some electric clips be metal? Electrical Installation - DIYWiki Electrical Installation - DIYWiki
6
6

Recovering W10 password - Xpost
Early days, but I need to get into a W10 system and the apparent password on a bit of paper under the keyboard doesn't work. I am trying to use the "recover password" option on the front screen which...
4
4

Air valve question
I've some 2 input pneumatic cylinders, controlled by 3 port valves, that I get. Air goes in one way cylinder moves one way, vice versa. What about a one input one, how do they release when you close...
11
11

ONE of the nuisance trips probably identified...
Related because its interesting. Having achieved SOME stabiliy by not using one ring at all, suddenly the damned thing was tripping again and I managed to get it consistent enough to narrow it down to...
10
10

Earworm help
Someone posted similar the other day, i've got an earworm, it's doing my head in. Recentish song, I can't remember anything much other than that at the end of some lines someone says "yeah" in a...
12
12

Aldidl Staplers
I've been looking for some staples for astapler that I bought a few years ago from Aldidl. The size is: 4 - 14 mm length 1.2 - 1.3 mm thick 11 - 12 mm wide It's the width that seems to be the problem...
13
13

OT: More on CO2
"CO2 emissions rising for first time in four years" Where do they get their numbers? According to the Mauna Loa data it's been rising pretty well monotonically since their measurements began, with no...
3
3

boiler cover scottish gas
I've got a worktop over mine.
5
5

sealed lead acid batteries in series
After less than a year of use and less than 100 charge/discharge cycles, the batteries in 'Baby Bug II' seemed to be knackered. 'Baby Bug II' is Hil's smallest disability scooter. The batteries are...
28
28

Re: OT The word of God..........
In article <261120182137352781% Tim Streater wrote: Like all good jokes, this text gets circulated regularly. Only the name of the sender changes. I first saw it some 30 years ago, and doubt it was...
1
1

Pillar drill keyless chucks
Any recommendations for a good 16mm keyless chuck for a pillar drill . 2 Morse taper. I was never happy with the one that came with the drill. It was always difficult to locate the drill bit and now...
6
6

LED driver reliability?
A couple of years ago I picked up three 5 Watt PIR floods, I think it was an SF special offer (but possibly TS). In the end I didn't use them at the time, but trying one out this week I find none of...
3
3

Source of flat hog/fence rings?
... Those would never work for the original purpose of hog rings... :) --
4
4

Is MK doing a Dyson?
The last two MK products I purchased were made in Malaysia (one being the Schuko socket mentioned in another thread). MK has always claimed to be a UK company supporting UK manufacturing. What is...
8
8