Subject Author Posted Replies

Weed control fabric
Interesting challenge for the gardeners. Strawberry plants were traditionally kept off the soil by a straw layer. This has morphed into a square of weed control fabric. You know the stuff; woven from...
8
8

Self-levelling compound
I've never used this. Two questions, if I may: Can it be used outdoors? Is there perhaps a specific weather-proof version? Does it actually behave like water or any other sufficiently runny material?...
5
5

OT: Google swines
You may recall that Google was all in a lather last year that access by 3rd party apps to gmail had to be via OAUTH2 or by using app-specific passwords? I wasn't going to go to the bother of adding...
3
3

OT: Wind is main source of UK electricity for first time
On reading this, I went straight to Gridwatch. <>CCGT: 48.21% Wind: 1.74% The BBC couldn't have picked a better day to run the story :-). G. B. National Grid status G. B. National Grid status
8
8

Ping N.Cook re sea level rise
This will interest you. It's a rather more detailed analysis of sea level rise than you have done. Enjoy! 30 Years of Measuring and Analysing Sea Levels using Satellites – Watts Up With That? 30...

Unprogrammed
OT ish! Following the set top box thread, I have regressed from the Manhattan to a re-furbed BT box. Slower but functional. My LG TV and the BT box are both linked to broadband. A recent morning...
6
6

End of the annoying Aldi missing shelf prices ?
Looks like all the shelf price labels have been replaced with very thin mini "Kindles". Someone had broken one by being hit with a heavy lump and was flashing normal and all black,otherwise I would...
13
13

B12 diy Doctoring
Anybody had a B12 deficiency and what were the symptoms ? ..
113
113

Saving an Oak tree
I live within a communal garden. Say the word tree to most people here and they immediately reply "Chain-saw". There is a Holm Oak here with a massively beautiful crown. The local tree surgeon says...
10
10

Beefing up old staircase - best glue to bond ply to underside of treads and risers?
Hey folks, long time no post. Sorry for the use of GG - don't have a USENET sub right now. I have some old wooden stairs that are creaky and not very substantial. Figured I'd reinfrce them under tread...
9
9

Four Wheel drive
Have many 4x4 cars got difflocks.?
27
27

This one is for experts.
Some years ago an arm and back of a pale leather settee exhibited blue stains. My blue dressing gown was assumed to be the culprit by SWMBO. Recently we had some other chairs covered in a pure white...
4
4

What is the blue labelled fuse in my consumer unit?
In my (1980's) consumer unit, there are red labelled fuses for the mains sockets, white ones for the lighting, and a blue one that I haven't managed to trace anywhere. Is there some kind of standard...
15
15

Laptop stuck in Airplane mode
For I don't know what reason, my laptop has got stuck in airplane mode. Using my PC I've looked on the 'net for solutions, and tried going into Settings (the cog-wheel icon) > Network and Internet >...
22
22

Over sensitive humidistat
Our bathroom extractor fan has a timer and humidistat to control its operation. Lately the humidistat has seemingly become very sensitive (or perhaps just being erratic) but the end result is that the...
2
2